#1201  
Old 11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Elvis_Christ's Avatar
Elvis_Christ Elvis_Christ is offline
Misanthrope


 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 15,479
Haha you must've got me onto Leaf Hound too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Weren't they a krautrock group?
They were from the UK but definitely have that sound about them... think they were bigger in Germany. They reformed not long ago but I haven't checked out their new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
Hey Elvis, did you listen to the Sun Red Sun record? I forget the title(its a burn) and I realize its old as hell but I think you might like it. It had Ray Gillen and Mike Starr.
Nope will keep an eye out for it.
Reply With Quote
  #1202  
Old 11-30-2011, 01:41 PM
fortunato's Avatar
fortunato fortunato is offline
mostly ghostly?
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Green Hill Zone
Posts: 6,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Haha you must've got me onto Leaf Hound too!
Haha, there have been so many recommendations between the two of us that I can't even remember.
Oh man, I was listening to White Walls earlier today. I had forgotten about that 7-inch of theirs that you sent me. So good. "Lady Parts" is such a killer song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
They were from the UK but definitely have that sound about them... think they were bigger in Germany. They reformed not long ago but I haven't checked out their new stuff.
Listening to that album now, really digging it. I don't know why I thought they were German, but like you said, they do have that sound.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1203  
Old 11-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Elvis_Christ's Avatar
Elvis_Christ Elvis_Christ is offline
Misanthrope


 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Oh man, I was listening to White Walls earlier today. I had forgotten about that 7-inch of theirs that you sent me. So good. "Lady Parts" is such a killer song.
Definitely killer stuff for sure. Loving the post-HC sounding stuff coming out of the States at the moment. They are a bit more chaotic but Crazy Spirit have a couple of ripping EPs you should definitely check out.
Reply With Quote
  #1204  
Old 12-01-2011, 09:15 AM
fortunato's Avatar
fortunato fortunato is offline
mostly ghostly?
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Green Hill Zone
Posts: 6,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Definitely killer stuff for sure. Loving the post-HC sounding stuff coming out of the States at the moment. They are a bit more chaotic but Crazy Spirit have a couple of ripping EPs you should definitely check out.
Listened to Crazy Spirit. Good stuff; reminds me of Cult Ritual. Great to crank in the car after a long day at work.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1205  
Old 12-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Elvis_Christ's Avatar
Elvis_Christ Elvis_Christ is offline
Misanthrope


 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Listened to Crazy Spirit. Good stuff; reminds me of Cult Ritual. Great to crank in the car after a long day at work.
Cult Ritual are pretty good. Real bummed I missed out on picking up their EPs and full length on vinyl. Way out of my price range now which sucks because most of the rips out there of that style of music don't capture the bottom end of the sound.

Threw the first Vile Gash EP on today for the first time in ages. Fucking fierce! Well worth checking out if you haven't already. Their second EP is still floating about and is worth picking up before it goes for stamp collector prices on eBay. My favourite modern HC band along with Crazy Spirit.

Think I mentioned Slices to you? But yeah their second EP is excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #1206  
Old 12-01-2011, 03:34 PM
fortunato's Avatar
fortunato fortunato is offline
mostly ghostly?
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Green Hill Zone
Posts: 6,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Threw the first Vile Gash EP on today for the first time in ages. Fucking fierce! Well worth checking out if you haven't already. Their second EP is still floating about and is worth picking up before it goes for stamp collector prices on eBay. My favourite modern HC band along with Crazy Spirit.
Whoo, man. Fierce is right. I'll have to listen to this again when I'm not at my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Think I mentioned Slices to you? But yeah their second EP is excellent.
I don't think you'd mentioned them to me before. Listening to the first two Slices EPs now, really into it. I'll have to grab these on vinyl if you still can.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1207  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Elvis_Christ's Avatar
Elvis_Christ Elvis_Christ is offline
Misanthrope


 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 15,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
I'll have to grab these on vinyl if you still can.
You can get them from here.

I've still gotta get their LP. Hated it at first and held off buying it but it's grown on me.
Reply With Quote
  #1208  
Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 PM
fortunato's Avatar
fortunato fortunato is offline
mostly ghostly?
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Green Hill Zone
Posts: 6,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
You can get them from here.

I've still gotta get their LP. Hated it at first and held off buying it but it's grown on me.
Awesome! Thanks, man.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1209  
Old 12-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Fearonsarms's Avatar
Fearonsarms Fearonsarms is offline
From The Beyond
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gates Of Hell
Posts: 3,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Haha, there have been so many recommendations between the two of us that I can't even remember.
Oh man, I was listening to White Walls earlier today. I had forgotten about that 7-inch of theirs that you sent me. So good. "Lady Parts" is such a killer song.



Listening to that album now, really digging it. I don't know why I thought they were German, but like you said, they do have that sound.
It's the Krautrock thing-I was confused by this as well-I've heard "Lady Parts" but not the album it was from-rectifying that now.
__________________
"The wind that would have killed us both, it saves my life"-Bel Canto
Reply With Quote
  #1210  
Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Elvis_Christ's Avatar
Elvis_Christ Elvis_Christ is offline
Misanthrope


 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 15,479


The track Time Gambler is ripping. Took a couple of listens but this one has grown on me and I dig it a lot.



Been awhile since I heard Cheap Thrills. Forgot how fucking great it was! Think Janis is my favourite female vocalist... well first equal with Aretha Franklin.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:44 AM.