View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 04:55 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

The Shadow

LOVE IT. Love everything about it. Or at least... I may be fangirl trash, but... God help me Alec Baldwin was one sexy mofo in this.

Okay I know the story needed work, even from a non-comic reader standpoint, but on its own I thought it was very well done. Some mystery, couple of fights, bit of romance that wasn't complete garbage and a female lead that wasn't useless arm candy, Tim Curry as himself. It has several good points that I don't understand how this movie had gone under my radar all my life until I caught it on tv some years ago.

I would've loved to have seen a prequel to this and this had been the sequel or something. Just so much about the Shadow's past that was very vague and went through quick. I like the whole diabolical tyrant going hero thing, but that had to be one hell of a transaction. What could they have possibly said to convince him to give up his murder habit?? And I gotta say the monk-like people who decided to train him in the first place wasn't too bright about deciding who to give knowledge of this god-like talent to. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had later asked Hitler to join the fold.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!