Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-19-2004, 01:18 PM
OldSchoolGamer

Hi! site looks cool!

Well my name is Rob Daviau from BC Canada, I'm 35 and have always been into Horror / Sci Fi / Games and I came across this forum because I was looking for a good replacement, the last forum I was on I constantly get banned from, NOT because of bad beviour honest!!! For the last year or so actually I would log in, read the occasional post and rarely leave a reply or comment but one day I found my IP address had been banned for no reason, I enquired and a few days later it was fine, then a week later I go back and I'm banned again! I just can't be bothered with this happening for no reason and dealing with the incompetance! I never once had a complaint against me so obviously they are screwing up, so I went looking for a new Horror forum and so here I am!
Old 01-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Evil Dead

hello old school gamer
what old games have u played on the pc?
your dependence on hardware really amuses me, Bough. ive been dropped into the kalahari desert with no more than a toothbrush and a packet of sherman lemons, and i still made it to bulawayo before ramadan.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:04 PM
OldSchoolGamer

Hello predfan

Hmmmmm, well I'm a gamer since before Atari 2600 in '77 and grew up mostly a console gamer though I did a bit with Commodore 64 and lot's with Commodore Amiga! As far as PC's go I actually only got one a couple years ago but am quickly making up for it!!! I'm currently playing Silent Hill 2, Max Payne 2 (Finsihed the first) Red Faction 2 (Finished first one) Simpsons Hit n Run (Finally a good Simpsons game!!!!) Jedi Knight 2. I only wish the PC had more good Survival Horror games (IE: Resident Evil) and I don't mean crappy ports! I mean Gamecube got beautiful renditions of the original Resident Evil than Resident Evil 0 and next they will get Resident Evil 4 and all I get with my PC and Geforce Ti42000 card is crappy PS1 ports! I WILL buy a Gamecube eventually JUST to play those games, I must, I have NO choice as I am a Resident Evil freak. Oh well at least I enjoyed Resident Evil Code Veronica on Dreamcast long before the Playstation 2 version came out. That's another thing, I'm really into my Dreamcast lately because I been buying cheap backups, I never buy copies or cracks of current systems but I figured since Dreamcast is no longer in production or supported by Sega buying some backups isn't going to hurt anyone. So I have been enjoying all the Dreamcast titles I never got to play originally and damn I don't care what anyone says that was one under rated system! I was even able to buy titles that were never originally released because they were cancelled when production stopped (HALF LIFE/ PBA Tour Bowling 2001/ Bleemcast Beta to play PSX games) and even some that have been hacked like Marvel vs Capcom 2 with a rock/techno soundtrack and Tony Hawk 4 with 80's music and Crazy Taxi with Rap music....
Anyway, sorry to babble, loving the PC gaming especially since I picked up cordless dou mouse and keyboard and cam play on our 27' TV! If you know any other good horror titles let me know!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Evil Dead

i dont play new horror games
some old pc platform ones: dangerous dave 2 and 3 (dd1 was not horror), altered beast, horror zombies from the crypt. good luck finding these games though
pretty old 3d ones: ecstatica, alone in the dark series
your dependence on hardware really amuses me, Bough. ive been dropped into the kalahari desert with no more than a toothbrush and a packet of sherman lemons, and i still made it to bulawayo before ramadan.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:40 PM
OldSchoolGamer

I play a lot of that kind of stuff with emulation, also many of the older titles can be found at places that have abandonware etc....
Home of the Underdogs is great for old stuff:
http://www.diskworld.net/game.php?ID=106
http://www.the-underdogs.org/

Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 01-19-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:26 PM

WELCOME, Have fun!!:D