Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-30-2004, 09:00 PM
That fucking Guy...

think I played the skateboard one a few times, but there was better ones out there.
Just remembered one more - a river rapids rowing game, you were meant to play it with 2 players rowing with the one large double-sided oar, and you saw the front of one of those rubber boat thangs and the rapids ahead of you, you had to row really hard and avoid shit like rocks and whirlpools.
I remember once I played it by myself by grabbing both ends of the oar, I actually got the high score - my arms hurt like a bitch for the rest of the day tho...

There was also the jurassic park one where you sat "in the car", I remember there was a part where you hadda shoot the shit that was falling outta a dino's ass...

Alien 3 was similar, also quiet good.

Lucky and Wild had a very cool idea, one player would drive and shoot, the other player would have the extra gun.

There was also one (I think) called psychic force, which was like a very, very 3d one-on-one fighter where you were basically circling eachother in the air whilst fighting.

one more - shit, I'm on a roll here - was a helicopter game that you sat inside, and as well as the normal thang of being able to move it around with the "stick", but you could also ascend and descend by moving a lever to your right. It just made the game a little more "in-depth"

I fucking LOVE lode runner also...before it was ripped off a bunch of times, it DID have a cool, original concept, same as bomber-man...

I didn't mention Galaxy Force either, I'm not sure if the very first one had this, but I think I played #3, and you got into this chair in a rollcage type thing that moved with the game pretty much every which way but totally upside down...very cool.

Oldschool again - I dunno really why I liked the game "dig-dug", but I hadnt really played anything like it at the time, a few years later, there was also an excellent updated version out, but I only ever saw it once....

I like this thread!
Old 05-30-2004, 09:04 PM
willows mommy

dig dug now thats going back lol

we found these thigns at walmart thats a joy stick and all u do is hook it up to the tv. ours has dig dug on it along w/ pac man and a few other old games.

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)
Old 05-31-2004, 04:01 AM
That fucking Guy...

Yeah, I got one of those (there's absolutely HEAPS out there) 'lil tv thingies that had about 50 of the "oldest of the old" kinda nintendo games, I think about the newest title it had was he original super mario bros...
Old 06-01-2004, 11:40 AM
BMXICAN

Hey any of you guys remember 720 ? it was the original skateboarding video game.

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 06-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to carnage
ok, time to show my age here....lol...

I remember going to the Pizza places, and they would have the old tabletop games like pac-man and this one spaceship scroller whole name escapes me. There is a place out here in AZ called "Castles N' Coasters"....its supposed to be an amusement roller coaster park. ANYWAY, they have this huge 3 story "castle" filled with video games...top floor is all the oldies (pac man, donkey kong, TRON, the original Star wars, etc) main floor has all the "hot games", and the bottom floor is ahuge circle filled with the REAL "video games"...PINBALL.

As for the games, I almost grew up at the 7-11 by my parents houre, back when 7-11 had like 2 video games in it. Double Dragon ruled!! Then street fighter/mortal kombat came along...

Golden Ax was a SWEET game...spent many a roll of quarters on that one.

Speaking of 4 player action, Guantlet has got to tbe the pioneer in that field....WIZARD...IS ABOUT TO DIE...lol

Today, I like to head to the "gaming bars" like Jillians/Dave&Busters/GameWorks where they have a TON of games, and full service bars running up the midway....BEER and video games...awww yeah...

Hydro Thunder is the best racing game.....and for fighting games, have to go with Soul Calibur or any of the Camcom clones..

ok...that's enough...heh..
Old 06-02-2004, 06:12 AM
That fucking Guy...

I remember when soul edge (?was it?) came out on ps1 it was instantly my favourite fighter at the time, then soul calibur came out on the (long live) dreamcast, man, it was the shit!
SC2 coulda been better tho.

Earliest games I remember at my locals were "
burger time/digdug...I still love that one today...anyone ever catch the machine that had both old and new versions of it? Id love to find that again...
Old 06-02-2004, 06:55 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to carnage
Soul Edge/Calibur ...good games..

Still got my Dreamcast...still trying to find Marvel VS Capcom 2 for it...lol...

my first arcade game? wow...um...prolly Galaga.
- Identity
Old 06-02-2004, 02:39 PM
That fucking Guy...

Im glad you can still buy unused dreamcasts from certain online suppliers. Ebay has lots of games, you should look there for MvsC2.
I had around 60 games myself, I think all but a few were burnt tho...still, on ebay, theyre that dirt cheap you could probably buy nearly every title that ever came out for a few hundred bucks...
Ever play the game of "Record of lodoss war" on DC?
Old 10-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Banned

Don't mind me...just trying to ressurect another old gaming thread...