Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-26-2004, 07:32 AM
That fucking Guy...

I remember...

Some kinda arcade game, displayed "in" a half-dome type thing...anyways, the game was holographic, or at least something like that. I remember that you were a cowboy looking guy, and that you may have travelled through time.

So yeah, has anyone seen this?

Gets me to thinking, arcade games in general, what are some of the more interesting, unique or weird-concept-havin' arcade games ou've all seen out there?

Mine are whatever that was above,
"irritating stick",

bishi-bashi special

And some arm wrestling game that I think was called arm-champs 2 - I remember my friend and me used to beat it by taking turns jumping on the arm.

Then there was this one like a punch strength tester that could take a pic of somebodies face, and it would appear onscreen on top of a videogame body, and as you took 3 punches, you could see their face get progressively fucked up...it was funny.

I recall seeing one of those dodgy, pirated looking "trace your icon around to reveal a picture while avoiding the enemies onscreen" games that revealed pics of naked asian bitches, and outta the players, you could choose sylvester stallone, robocop, or arnie-with-a-goatee...
funny...

YOU?
Old 05-26-2004, 02:40 PM
BMXICAN

I remember the arm wrestling game, dude that was old school.
We used to have one in my local skating rink when I was a wee lad.

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 05-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Banned

I remember that game cheeb-you could look down on the holographic image.Yeah,I'm pretty sure you traveled through time.I think that was suppossed to be the next big thing that never happened.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:11 AM
That fucking Guy...

It was kinda cool...I wouldn't have minded playing metal slug in 3d...these things that never happened, sometimes suck.
I mean, virtual reality (if it was still out at arcades and wasn't given up on) woulda looked pretty good by now, wouldn't it?

kpro, the arm wrestling one I played was part 2 of something, had a robotic looking arm sticking outta it...

You guys remember the shooters that were like real video? I only remember 2 of em, one cowboy one called mad dog (I think), the other mighta been called drug bust or something like that.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:14 AM
He's Baaaaack

Send a message via AIM to AmarylandPsycho
I dig the simpsons arcade game and this crazy noahs ark game i played once at chuckie cheeses and never saw again...and perhaps the coolest game ever....goldenAxe
Old 05-30-2004, 03:33 AM
That fucking Guy...

ok...votes for the best 4-player simultaneous arcade beat 'em up:

Simpsons, TMNT, or X-Men??
I know there's more, but these 3 were the shit.

Psycho, I saw some noahs ark game on a snes colletion I picked up a while back, it was meant to have used old doom (or maybe wolfenstein) graphics? Called noahs ark 3d...I thought it was just a game someone threw together...dont tell me a company actually released it?!?, also, about golden axe, I played a later arcade version that had the guy, a centaur chick, and a really fast lil' bastad with a pitchfork...It was something a little more like a cross between the old g.axes and the D&D games...play that one?

Anyone down with Rygar?
The arcade version of "hook" was cool too...
Old 05-30-2004, 07:53 PM
That fucking Guy...

Hey, I just remembered yet another game with an interesting concept...it was called avenging spirit, you're a lil' ghostie guy that can possess (and use the individual abilities of) pretty much every enemy in the game...just got a "complete" mame collection and it was on there...cool game.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:32 PM
willows mommy

everytime i go to the bowling alley i head to the arcade even when i went to Atlantc city i went to the arcade on the board walk w/ my friend.
my fav game to play is artic thunder. i love fighting games like mortal kombat and street fighter:D . crazy taxi is fun to and i nlike drivin games . arcades r my home lol

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)
Old 05-30-2004, 08:41 PM
That fucking Guy...

Yeah, crazy taxi was quiet good...I remember one kinda like it coming out at about the same time, but you were on a motorcycle doing illegal street racing??
One I saw, but never played was a fireman one where you controlled the hose?
There was a very cool star wars one out too that had a handle/joystick type thing to control it with, some scenes would be shooting, some would be on the hoverbike things, and you could also do lightsaber duels with it...

I had a local bowling alley when I used to live in Melbourne, and I always thought it had the best bunch of games I had ever seen in one place...it had street fighter 1, superman, willow, gang-wars, cyber-lip and rygar, among some others I've most likely forgotten, and all the old tabletop games too. My friends and I only really ever went there for the games...
Old 05-30-2004, 08:43 PM
willows mommy

Quote:
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Yeah, crazy taxi was quiet good...I remember one kinda like it coming out at about the same time, but you were on a motorcycle doing illegal street racing??
One I saw, but never played was a fireman one where you controlled the hose?
There was a very cool star wars one out too that had a handle/joystick type thing to control it with, some scenes would be shooting, some would be on the hoverbike things, and you could also do lightsaber duels with it...

I had a local bowling alley when I used to live in Melbourne, and I always thought it had the best bunch of games I had ever seen in one place...it had street fighter 1, superman, willow, gang-wars, cyber-lip and rygar, among some others I've most likely forgotten, and all the old tabletop games too. My friends and I only really ever went there for the games...
the firefighter one is cool i played it at chuck e cheese. my arcade has some great games to. we have a kool on e that u stand on a skate board and do stunts. the next best one is at the mall they have lots of kool games

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)