Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Evil Dead

:) Thanks man for your thoughful words. I have gotten similar complaints on my fly on the wall approach. It was very much my intention to leave the viewer out of the narrative. The story is all there it's just a bit diffcult to decifer through the slang in the dialog. Some people get it others feel robbed in the story telling. I'm glad you dug the FX we spent alot of time on them. As far as my gore sequences being tighter than my dialog sequences. I would have to agree with you. The gore came first and EVERY shoot involved effects. On our next picture I have decided to devide my shoots to concentrate on acting. Also I will not act in my future projects so I will have much more control over my shot compostions and cinematography. The next project is called YARD SALE and will attempt to be the nastiest film ever made. Please see www.ftbomp.com for more info.
please befriend me if you have a myspace.
www.myspace.com/rondecaro
I appreciate you saying that you liked how I stuck around the site and delivered on my promise. I am the real deal man. I believe deeply that the future of horror is in the hands of the underground. I plan to keep on shooing films until I can garner interest enough to shoot on film. I'm also writing a HP lovecraft inspired monster film that will attempt to make monsters scary again. Anyway man I really appreciate you spending the time to look at my work. I means alot to me.

-Ron DeCaro
Old 09-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam23 View Post
:) Thanks man for your thoughful words. I have gotten similar complaints on my fly on the wall approach. It was very much my intention to leave the viewer out of the narrative. The story is all there it's just a bit diffcult to decifer through the slang in the dialog. Some people get it others feel robbed in the story telling. I'm glad you dug the FX we spent alot of time on them. As far as my gore sequences being tighter than my dialog sequences. I would have to agree with you. The gore came first and EVERY shoot involved effects. On our next picture I have decided to devide my shoots to concentrate on acting. Also I will not act in my future projects so I will have much more control over my shot compostions and cinematography. The next project is called YARD SALE and will attempt to be the nastiest film ever made. Please see www.ftbomp.com for more info.
please befriend me if you have a myspace.
www.myspace.com/rondecaro
I appreciate you saying that you liked how I stuck around the site and delivered on my promise. I am the real deal man. I believe deeply that the future of horror is in the hands of the underground. I plan to keep on shooing films until I can garner interest enough to shoot on film. I'm also writing a HP lovecraft inspired monster film that will attempt to make monsters scary again. Anyway man I really appreciate you spending the time to look at my work. I means alot to me.

-Ron DeCaro
I'm still planning on viewing it again, I too was impressed by the special effects though. You made a very... sticky feeling film and I applaud you for that. The only hump I'm having trouble getting over is the political rhetoric, it just seems to show up in film so much recently with everybody having an opinion and something to say that I get fed up with it. You aren't soapboxing which is great but there are still those issues where it seems like you could have (and maybe wanted to) dig a little deeper with your social commentary but got stuck on the surface.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam23 View Post
I sent two copies of the movie to people from this site some time ago. They have not posted their reviews however.:confused:
Did you send one to me?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Can you dig it ?

No problem. Too many "reviewers" just go for the "it rocked/ it sucked" approach without going into details. I think it's a ploy to get free movies which is ridiculous of course. Who the hell needs a bunch of bad movies by kissing ass to get more bad movies ?
Anyhoooo glad to see that you are evolving as a filmmaker. I've worked with some people for years that I call out all the time for showing no growth at all so it is refreshing. Keep at it.
CK
Old 09-05-2008, 05:35 AM
Evil Dead

thanks again man. I hope you will continue to follow our work.