Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-15-2009, 09:18 PM
GraveReality

Grave Reality

Grave Reality is a comic book horror film inspired by Creepshow and Tales From the Crypt.

Trailer is now online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MeD0...e=channel_page

Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 PM
GraveReality

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Oliver Tosh
Phone: 407-792-8259
[email protected]

Grave Reality Brings Comic Book Horror to Life
ORLANDO, FL, March, 2009-
Grave Reality is a hair-raising comic book style horror film with a provocative plot. Inspired by "Creepshow" and "Tales From the Crypt", the film opens with a couple of libidinous college girls, Kirsten (Lanie Hoxie) who is ostensibly sweet but very sexy and her friend Rachel (Kelli Cozlin) a lustful Goth, who are walking home from school when Kirsten's boyfriend Bobby (Michael Santi) a former quarterback, shows up and the concupiscent trio trail off into a graveyard. Titillating erotic passion ensues as a spiteful soul (Richard Lord) is awoken and now longs for a gore filled revenge.

Grave Reality writer and director, Oliver Tosh, is a graduate of Full Sail University. Full Sail is reputable as starting grounds for several auspicious filmmakers such as graduate Gary Rizzo who was nominated for a Grammy for his work on the Oscar winning film The Dark Knight and Darren Lynn Bousman who directed Saw II, III and IV, number one box office hits for three years in a row. Tosh, not far behind, is making his dream a reality with his film, Grave Reality.

Poison Coyote Inc. spent roughly 10k making story one of Grave Reality. Filming took place over a span of five 12 hour days on location in Merritt Island and Orlando, FL. After spending everyday editing the film since shooting wrapped on Valentine's Day, Tosh says, "I'm anxious to see how the audiences will react. I used a lot of fresh takes editing the whole comic book appeal." After four long weeks of editing day in and day out, Santi compliments Tosh, "Oliver's attention to detail and desire for perfection truly shows in his work. Being part of a project that is so unique, I was excited to show up to work every day. Oliver doesn't just want to make a movie, he wants to change the industry."

Grave Reality is currently in production as editing is not yet complete however, story one of the film is projected to be screened in May of this year for limited audiences. Tosh gives a heads up on future plans for the film saying, "Depending on funding, I'm anticipating filming story two in the Summer of 2009 and following shortly after with filming the third and final story to complete Grave Reality." In an interview, Lord gives insight on expectations for Grave Reality, stating, "We've all been bombarded with action films since the 80's. Blitzkrieg'ed with a rash of comic book super heroes of late. This director, Oliver Tosh, is blazing a new trail, rocking worlds over here in Bangkok. The directors/producers that have seen only a slice of Grave Reality on my American Show Reel are stunned, 'Jaws on the floor'. I've heard many whispered comments, 'This is the future--oh my God'."

You can find additional information and updates related to Grave Reality via any of the links below:

www.gravereality.com
www.poisoncoyote.com
www.myspace.com/gravereality

# # #
Old 03-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Cranky

Interesting techniques. Is it like that throughout the entire movie?

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-16-2009, 03:32 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Interesting techniques. Is it like that throughout the entire movie?

Agree, the trailer certainly makes it look more interesting than most films of this type.

Might have to keep an eye open for this one.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 03-17-2009, 08:09 PM
GraveReality

Thank you. The entire film will have comic frames/segments like the trailer. It will be used for transitions and specific points.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Cranky

Pretty cool idea!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveReality View Post
Thank you. The entire film will have comic frames/segments like the trailer. It will be used for transitions and specific points.

Im pleased it will be used only in certain points.

I love the idea but the thought of it being throughout the entire film was a little off putting. Less is more and all that!

Good luck with it.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac