Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-23-2004, 05:22 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ichi the killer
Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i'd just love to know what bands he think 'rule'
He hates sex pistols & green day because it was "BUSTED" who invented punk rock not sure if you've got BUSTED in canada, you don t know how lucky you are.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the Angels in Heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified..... as you did in the face of the man who KILLED you.

When the earth spits out the dead, they will return to tear the flesh from the living!
Old 11-23-2004, 05:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ichi the killer
He hates sex pistols & green day because it was "BUSTED" who invented punk rock not sure if you've got BUSTED in canada, you don t know how lucky you are.

i've seen the name around on a UK enteratinment site ..
they seem to be generally hated .. along with some band called mcfly ?

hates the pistols eh ?
thats a good reason for a beating right there.

Although he shows some sense in his feelings toward Green Day - a band I always despised. (as being a Knack clone)

ahhh youth today .. what's to be done with them ?
Old 11-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Backyard Waterfall

I'm only gonna go on a rant like this once. Well, no, I already went on a rant like this before, so this is time #2. But bear with me:

I know there's a lot of people on this forum that haven't seen the older stuff. People who really have been CGI'd to death. People who don't remember that the "Star Wars" films didn't feature digital creatures, originally. But really, do yourself a favor, and watch some old films. Go back to the 20's and see "Nosferatu" and "Cabinet of Dr. Caligari." (Heck, go back farther than that and see some of Georges Melies' films. See "The Great Train Robbery," too.) See the Universal horror classics of the 30's and 40's. And try to imagine how completely scared and freaked out the audiences of those times were. Because they were. And these films are all still legit.

These "old" films are all still effective--if you can place yourself in the mindframe OF THE AUDIENCES OF THE TIME. If you can do that, you will see that horror films have a tapestry of marvelous history. Today came out of yesterday. Yes, do yourself a favor and see some nice old films. It takes an effort to do the research, the homework. And it also costs money. But it's worth it. The craftsmanship of these older films is, I'm sorry to say, better than the majority of what is being made today.

Nowadays horror films tend to rely on 1. Loud noises on the cool digital soundtrack. 2. Startling MTV-style flash cutting--boring as hell. 3. Media hype that convinces you that the film is good before you even see it.

"Dawn of the Dead," back when it came out, freaked out audiences very seriously. It gave some people nightmares. Many, many people were shocked and startled, because they hadn't seen anything like it before. And it was good.

That's my rant! Wishing everyone a great holiday season!
Old 11-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Backyard Waterfall

That's funny, I thought everyone would be throwing books at my head and screaming, "Get outta here, ya pedantic bastid!" by now.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:50 AM
..its only a movie...

*toss's a book* GET OUTTA HERE YA PATHETIC BASTERD!!!!!

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .
Old 11-24-2004, 07:22 AM
Evil Dead

Totally agree with what you're saying filmaker 2. But at that age i know i was the same. At 14 i saw original dotd, i also saw the shining. I remember thinking what a load of shit- wheres the gore? I saw the shining again 2-3 years later & loved the film & its now one of my favourite films, I was just ignorant at that age. What pisses me off more than dumb fuck mtv fed teenagers are these people who won't watch foreign films or even black & white films.
I got mates who won't watch subtitles, So i lend them Haute Tension which is dubbed, he says awesome film but the syncs out! I've given up trying to eduacte most of them i just leave them to their Tomb Raiders, Resident Evils, & AVP, while they label me the weirdo.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the Angels in Heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified..... as you did in the face of the man who KILLED you.

When the earth spits out the dead, they will return to tear the flesh from the living!
Old 11-24-2004, 07:35 AM
Lets play a game...

Send a message via AIM to FreddyC.Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to FreddyC.Krueger
Hey, I fucking hate all the Evil Dead movies and Gay-Ass-Ash but everyone else seems to like him.

We all have different tastes in movies.

Isn't it funny how quickly people turn against you... even your so-called friends?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:48 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by FreddyC.Krueger
Hey, I fucking hate all the Evil Dead movies and Gay-Ass-Ash but everyone else seems to like him.

I'm not talking about different tastes in movies, its the fear of trying something new and only conforming to what the rest of the sheep watch or what music they listen to.

Old 11-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by FreddyC.Krueger

thats the one thing i thought i'd never read here !
Old 11-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Fascist Zombie

Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
I'm convinced that saying old shit is garbage is just part of being young. We all went through it. I can remeber hating anything in B&W, without ever watching it. I hated the Rolling Stones because my parents liked them. That's just how it goes until you get to about 25 , then you take a much more cerebral view instead of trying to be different . You end up liking what you like, not what's cool at the time. And this generation is just trained to treat any movie that takes time to establish a story as boring. They'll get over it the more immersed in movies they become. Casual movie goers never will, but who gives a shit about them?

Anyway, DOTD is a classic. But the problem is it's not a straight up horror movie. Theres satirical moments all through it which many youngsters will never notice. And it is dated in terms of style, and you know kids...