Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
I believe it was before the van flipped and he got away again. They thought he was dead cause they filled his chest with holes. I hope I'm not making it sound like that made me dislike the movie. I did like it, but the most I can get out of fear from werewolves is when there's that small chance that it could actually exist. The movie made it seem so real for quite a bit, but I don't care what kind of disease you have, no one can survive a fall from a building like Talan did (let alone land completely unharmed on all fours), or take that many gunshot wounds and just keep on going. It made the vision in my head unbelievable and I wasn't as drawn into the movie like I was.
I can understand that.
Maybe they'll do it that way in an upcoming movie.
And we still got Wolfcop 2 to lookforward to.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:28 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
And we still got Wolfcop 2 to lookforward to.
DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED. I'm always looking for news on WC2 and so far the only progress I've seen is;

Filming starts in Fall.

And the release year isn't 2015 anymore it's 2016!! -flips table-

I'm totally fine.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 08-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Horror > Everything

Have you WereFans seen a movie called Ski Wolf? I haven't, but I remember the title made me giggle. They also had some great pins and stickers . I figure it was played for laughs and not horror. Sadly, that's all I know about the flick.

I just watched Almost Human. It's an alien movie with a nice bit of gore and some fine kills. The plot however is reminiscent of a ton of films that came before it. It's far from original and had some rough performances from the cast, but it was fun to watch for the slaughter.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED. I'm always looking for news on WC2 and so far the only progress I've seen is;

Filming starts in Fall.

And the release year isn't 2015 anymore it's 2016!! -flips table-

I'm totally fine.
Do you own a Wolcop doll btw? =P
Old 08-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
And omfg I was not ready for seeing the dead kid. His father's body (and even his mother when she was still alive) were grizzly enough. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I like that they just kept it small and didn't even go into detail with what happened to him. Just seeing the boy missing half his body spoke volumes.
Yeah. It was like a chunk of beef grown in a factory with human skin.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Evil Dead

The Atticus Institute 2015

Most notable thing about the film is Rya Kihlstedt who plays Judith. Really great acting job. Seems like she took the job seriously and didn't over or under do her portrayal. Almost perfectly done. The rest of the cast did an adequate job. The time period, as far as I can tell, was correctly done as far as costume, setting, and electronic equipment.
It was decent. Watchable one time. But like a lot of films like this its completely fictional. There's no awe or wonder at possibilities. The story itself isn't exciting or at least somewhat original. I like paranormal investigations a lot, but this was just too tired and that its done as a fictional documentary distanced my watching of the film. I wasn't sucked in at all.

5/10
Old 08-13-2015, 10:41 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Have you WereFans seen a movie called Ski Wolf? I haven't, but I remember the title made me giggle. They also had some great pins and stickers . I figure it was played for laughs and not horror. Sadly, that's all I know about the flick.
Good lord Repo where do you find these.
From what I can tell not even IMDB knows of this movie's existence.

I have not seen it... but I can say I've seen the trailer now and just. Wow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8FNLGsEi80 They couldn't get Micheal J Fox? XD

Quote:
Do you own a Wolcop doll btw? =P
Ugh I wish. Practically $100 once you factor in shipping an all! It's so well made though. Comes with a gun and two drinks you can put in his han- err... paws.

...today is payday though...

I do have a button and comic, so until they have new shirts in stock I think that'll be all the support I can afford for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Yeah. It was like a chunk of beef grown in a factory with human skin.
For as short as the scene was I thought it did the job.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 08-14-2015, 03:03 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Good lord Repo where do you find these.
From what I can tell not even IMDB knows of this movie's existence.
Haha! Roif, I wonder about that myself! I came across Ski Wolf at a horror con that I think was in New Jersey. A little indy film group had a table and they were selling their stuff. The only other title I remember was something like Teen Ape...??

Damn, I should have grabbed those movies when I had the chance. I bet they would make for a very interesting double feature.

Staying on the Lycan theme, I watched Ginger Snaps 2 last night, which is one of my favorite Were films and is also one of the best sequels I've ever seen. Emily Perkins is amazing in the role of Bridget, and Tatiana Maslany as Ghost steals every single scene she's in. I am such a fan of the first Ginger Snaps that I was a little concerned that a sequel would let me down. When Part 2 came out, I was soooo happy to be wrong.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:25 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
For as short as the scene was I thought it did the job.
That's what I meant, it was disturbingly real, but also seemingly unreal. : ) Er I mean if it seemed I was saying it was badly done.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:32 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
You have no idea how excited I am to hear this!!!!! My son and I spent an entire weekend one time at the theater watching all the 8 films to die for collection.....2008, maybe??

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post

Untraceable (2008)

I love me a good crime movie, so I'm glad this one made up for the disaster that was FeardotCom that I watched yesterday. In Untraceable, FBI agent Jennifer Marsh has to hunt down a seemingly untraceable serial killer who posts live videos of his victims getting tortured and killed, and as more people log onto the site, the victim will be killed more quickly. Now, I don't know anything about computers and stuff like that, so I'm not sure how realistic this movie really is. I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to that. Even if there are some huge tech flaws that flew way over my head, Untraceable did have a couple of major issues. Like many thrillers, the killer seems to be god-like; he seems to have unlimited resources and intelligence, and it would have been nice to see him stumble a few times to at least build more suspense. They also reveal the identity of the killer way too early into the plot. Anonymity would have added a layer of mystery to the film. Nevertheless, Untraceable was a very entertaining, gritty and intense thriller with an interesting moral compass; why should we watch insanely violent and gory movies like Saw, Seven or even the movie itself? It may be rather hypocritical given how violent this film is, and that moral does get a little preachy by the end of this movie. It's still some intriguing food-for-thought. You might not be completely satisfied if you want a completely coherent and terrifying thriller, but if you want a twisty, edge-of-your-seat kind of movie, Untraceable is a great way to go.

8/10
I love this movie!! I need to get it in my collection soon!!

Quote:
FeardotCom is ridiculously awesome!
LOL....I thought I was the only one that liked it

Quote:
The Gallows, 2015. POS/10

Thumb resize.

The worse movie I have ever seen in my life. Fuck this POS. Who in the fuck names their kid, Fifer.
I wondered what this movie was like and that name for a kid kind of sucks!

Quote:
Goodnight Mommy, 2014. 7/10

Thumb resize.

Beautiful cinematography and you can see subtle hints throughout their house and through actions that all come into play and wrap up this film nicely.
This one is on my 'to watch' list!!

Quote:

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

By the time the fifth installment of a movie franchise rolls around, that series starts to show its age. Not with Mission: Impossible, it seems, because Rogue Nation is yet another incredibly silly yet undeniably entertaining entry in the 17 year old franchise that keeps you on the edge of your seat for the entire movie. This time around, Ethan Hunt is now an international fugitive and must take on his most impossible mission (heh) to bring down the rogue organization Syndicate, who are committed to bring down the IMF. The plot twists keep you on your toes the whole time, and it's really what makes Rogue Nation so thrilling. It does succumb to the normal spy movie goofiness, one time in particular early in the movie that made me shake my head at how ridiculous the whole idea was. The double, triple and quadruple crosses get rather confusing as the plot progresses too. There's never a dull moment in Rogue Nation, a suitably fun and over-the-top summer blockbuster, and it proves that Tom Cruise is an unstoppable action star.

9/10
Thanks for the review, I really want to see it!!

Quote:

The Gift (2015)

The 90's was the golden age of highly stylized stalker thrillers with flicks like Basic Instinct, Single White Female and The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, and the actor-turned-director Joel Edgerton harkens back to those films with his directorial debut The Gift. In The Gift, young charismatic Simon runs into an old high school acquaintance named Gordon, and after a painfully awkward conversation, they go their separate ways. Simon's wife, Robyn, thinks it's just a chance encounters while Simon wants nothing to do with "Gordo the Weirdo." Gordon then slowly starts inserting himself into their lives and brings to light secrets about Simon's life, and Robyn realizes that she doesn't know who her husband really is. The thing that makes The Gift so unpredictable is the ambiguity of the villain. Initially, we think that Gordon is the villain since we seem him suddenly become too clingy and start stalking the couple, but as the plot progresses, Gordon reveals several secrets about Simon that make Simon seem like the true villain. Each secret revealed about Gordon and Simon twists the plot even further but not so much that it causes the film to meander through its story. This is a very controlled movie. None of the suspense comes from big chase sequences or any real action; it's the revelations about the characters that keeps you on the edge of your seat. The Gift is a surprisingly well-crafted and intense thriller film that feels like a throwback to the best 90's stalker flicks.

9/10
Again, another one I want to see really bad!!

Quote:
Open Grave (2013)
B-
Thumb resize.
I thought it was rather interesting, different style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
The Houses October Built 2014

Waste of time. I was able to finish it though. Acting was meh, characters annoying and not in any kind of good way. This did not need to be a found footage film, particularly because when they're going through the various haunted houses on their tour(not a spoiler, its the film's premise) you barely see anything due to the hand camera going all over the place. This might have worked better if it was filmed 'normally.' Even so, I kept waiting for it to end and the stupid people doing stupid things over and over...yeah annoying. As I was watching none of the possible endings that came to mind would be satisfying. The ending that was one of them was unsatisfying as the entire film.

Pass on this.

3/10
Yeah, I was surprised that I made it all the way to the end.....

Last edited by tfantasy; 08-14-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Tags
movie