Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-18-2016, 06:58 AM
Evil Dead

Some friends of mine have gathered up some DJ's from all over the west side of the state and they're gonna rave here locally on Sat. nite
I'm gonna get hammered!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hplqut.jpg (10.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-18-2016, 07:55 AM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
Some friends of mine have gathered up some DJ's from all over the west side of the state and they're gonna rave here locally on Sat. nite
I'm gonna get hammered!
What do you mean your gonna get hammered? You're always hammered!
Old 03-18-2016, 08:13 AM
Horror Fan

Exclamation

Freaky....woman vanishes on live TV. Alien or ghost?

Old 03-18-2016, 08:21 AM
I am the turtle lord

Exclamation ANGLEWITCH MOVIE THEATER REMINDER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglewitch View Post
PLAYING TOMORROW ON THE ANGLEWITCH MOVIE THEATER AT 6:00

SUMMER CAMP NIGHTMARE

Based on the book The Butterfly Revolution.

Dear Mom
I am having a fun time at summer camp we get to carry guns and the camp councilor is dead.
It all started out in fun and games until it got out of control.
This classic film from the 80's is not a horror film, this is a Juvenile Delinquent film.
Starring Chuck Conners and some other actors.
Here is the youtube link for the trailer.
Rated R for bad language and a little bad acting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSBGyjPG5Uo
Old 03-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Horror > Everything

Shit. Figures I won't be home for that. I'm helping a friend paint a house this weekend.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Freaky....woman vanishes on live TV. Alien or ghost?

I watched this a couple of times. I think she turned and started walking but was fully blocked by the woman pushing the luggage cart.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:12 AM

GIVING UP SUGAR any tips or advice welcome!

I fully believe I am an addict. I can't just have one chocolate, I have to finish the whole box. I feel constantly hungry but its always for sweets, never apples or carrots. I have suffered what I'm sure are"sugar hangovers". Needless to say I am approx 30 lbs overweight.

One thing, though, this time I do feel really determined to do it. Its scary how much sweet stuff I can eat!
Old 03-19-2016, 04:38 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglewitch View Post
PLAYING TOMORROW ON THE ANGLEWITCH MOVIE THEATER AT 6:00

SUMMER CAMP NIGHTMARE

Based on the book The Butterfly Revolution.

Dear Mom
I am having a fun time at summer camp we get to carry guns and the camp councilor is dead.
It all started out in fun and games until it got out of control.
This classic film from the 80's is not a horror film, this is a Juvenile Delinquent film.
Starring Chuck Conners and some other actors.
Here is the youtube link for the trailer.
Rated R for bad language and a little bad acting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSBGyjPG5Uo
Hmm I do love me some Chuck Conners. But is he a werewolf pirate in this? I think not.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 03-19-2016, 04:46 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post

I fully believe I am an addict. I can't just have one chocolate, I have to finish the whole box. I feel constantly hungry but its always for sweets, never apples or carrots. I have suffered what I'm sure are"sugar hangovers". Needless to say I am approx 30 lbs overweight.

One thing, though, this time I do feel really determined to do it. Its scary how much sweet stuff I can eat!
30 lbs isn't too bad. Do you like fruits? Instead of eating bad sweets try experimenting with eating new sweet fruits. Angra is a good place to start.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:58 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:

I speak to you as a fellow food addict in a slow recovery.
Firstly, it's good that you've realised you've got this issue.

It's also important to know, in the event that you didn't, that sugar consumption is actually a worse factor than fat.
Sure, fat might stay with you - but sugar helps keep it there by being excess easy access energy - the human body burns this first, instead of fat.

My advice?
Don't go completely nuts.
If you drink tea or coffee and you're used to having sugar - try to just half it...though these are not really a big offender in the overall sugar count.

Bear in mind sugar is in fruit too, so go with only a couple of servings per day.

Learn about craving equivalency if you're dealing with chocolate.
Cacao, and nuts both have things in them that can take the edge off.

Drink lots of water.

No sodas/soft drinks, at all - no matter how much you crave them, do not touch them. If you need something fizzy look into mineral water and add some mango nectar or some such. Don't go overboard.

Drinking lots of water, even if you're sick of it...kind of flushes your system a bit. I found after about 4-5 days, the "need" to have these sugary drinks leaves you, if not completely, well on the way by this stage.
Now, I'm not sure about other things, but it sure helped when it came to the Coke etc.

Golden rule - if you have control issues...rather than trying to "practice better control", in my opinion, remove your control from the situation.
Do not buy these things.
At all.
Not for a sometimes thing. Not for a "Been doing so well, I will reward myself".
Fuck that logic right off. You have to.

If you're going to treat yourself - do it out, do not buy bulk, do it expensively, and of good quality. Don't buy a block of chocolate, go out and have that full sugar coffee with extra cream from a high end cafe with an awesome barista, and get yourself some badass truffles, slice of cake, whatever.
Let it hit you in the wallet. Be decadent. Experience the more luxurious side of these habits...but importantly, Do this NO MORE than once a week...or you'll simply land yourself in a more expensive habit.

Get exercise in. Steady cardio ideally, but if not walking. Set a time goal or make sure you do a certain amount of steps.
It's always recommended, but, it will go nicely hand in hand with the extra water consumption to get your system a bit more flushed.
Join a gym if unstructured exercise is something you're realistically not motivated enough to do - again, let that hit you in the wallet. Loss/waste of funds is a good motivator.
If you don't have the cash for a gym, well yes, then you're going to need to rely on yourself to do this - start listening to podcasts, they kill the time well and are habit forming while walking/jogging/cycling.

That's all I've really got.
Dieting sucks. It's hard. It's bullshit. But, it gets easier.
You're not so much "on a diet" as changing around your existing one.
You can do it. All it is is not eating something, right?
If willpower is an issue, like I said remove it from the table - the rest will follow in time. Don't expect an easy time of it. Expect a fucking SHIT time of it.

After a month, you'll be ok.