Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-13-2016, 08:45 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (1968). While it still is ambivalent at best at what's happening, still an absolute masterpiece with sets, shots and special effects that still ring true. The second section is pretty dull, but "The Dawn of Man" and when Keir Dullea approaches Jupiter are outstanding.
Watching this with a more watchful eye, noticed a lot of things that are part of our lives today, such as Microwave Ovens, SKYPE, overdependence on computers (Maybe a virus that makes HAL malfunction?) and calling cards to name a few. *****
I know what you mean about what the film is supposed to mean. I listened to this guy talk about it for 30 some mins on the radio. Then I watched it, and I just wasn't seeing what he was. I wonder if the writer ever wrote what it was about. Still, I also think films mean what's on the film... meaning, what's there even trumps what the writer claims it means.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:13 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

The Incredible Shrinking Man

This left me feeling... unfulfilled.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
The Incredible Shrinking Man

This left me feeling... unfulfilled.

Well done, Roi.

I, however, loved the film, but still very well done.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:08 AM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"Nightmare" (1964) 7/10
Old 05-16-2016, 11:00 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Night Tide (1961)

This beautiful moody gem of early 60s comes with a quite serious & psychologically twisted "Killer Mermaid" story, starring a young & innocent Dennis Hopper and the stunning Linda Lawson. At times the camera work & the tone of the film kinda reminded me of Carnival of Souls (1962)! Recommended.

>>: B+
Old 05-17-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Well done, Roi.

I, however, loved the film, but still very well done.
Thanks, I think? Lol, didn't really do anything special besides watch a movie without colors and a lot of dialogue.

I didn't hate it, but it felt more ''action/adventure'' than horror, so I was expecting something more of a happier ending I guess.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:28 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Thanks, I think? Lol, didn't really do anything special besides watch a movie without colors and a lot of dialogue.

I didn't hate it, but it felt more ''action/adventure'' than horror, so I was expecting something more of a happier ending I guess.
LMAO! Oh wow, I thought you were going for the double entendre there. The Incredible Shrinking Man left you unfulfilled? I figured you were just displaying your usual wit and sense of humor.

And now that you've said that you were hoping for a happy ending, are you SURE I'm not right? LOL!
Old 05-18-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
LMAO! Oh wow, I thought you were going for the double entendre there. The Incredible Shrinking Man left you unfulfilled? I figured you were just displaying your usual wit and sense of humor.

And now that you've said that you were hoping for a happy ending, are you SURE I'm not right? LOL!
Nahhh, I think if I was going that route I would've said something along the lines of, "it didn't measure up to my expectations".

Old 05-18-2016, 10:13 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Seconds (1966)

>>: A
Old 05-18-2016, 11:59 PM

Murders in the Zoo
Interesting flick. Great murder mystery type with animals used as the murder weapon. Ending was a bit random, and the comic relief took a little too much camera, but it was good regardless.