Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-21-2015, 02:43 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I'm still attempting to watch several of the horror franchises (Elm Street being one), but I'll share my favorites of the ones I have seen all of. Will add more when I watch more or think of more to add.
* = new

Halloween
- ...Can I just tie 1 through 5 (excluding 3 of course). I also really really enjoy Resurrection.

Friday the 13th
- I through III (can't really pick just one of these). Really enjoyed Jason Takes Manhattan too.

Hellraiser
- First one, easy! ...or is it. I really like 2 and 3 too... And Hellworld.

Child's Play
- Bride of Chucky. My sister's more into the Chucky films and the reason I watched any of them. 'Bride of Chucky' I enjoyed most cause of Tiffany.

Howling
- First and Original Nightmare. Cause I + IV = book

Tremors
- First. Second wasn't too bad. Third I can't even take seriously...

Scream*
- First. Although I enjoyed all of them, as Sidney herself said in the 4th movie, "Don't fuck with the original." And I just LOVED the cast in the first.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!

Last edited by Roiffalo; 05-14-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Evil Dead

Some of those are interesting choices.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
Some of those are interesting choices.
I came back to this topic to edit my last post when I noticed this. Were you referring to my last post? Sorry I noticed it so late if so ^^;

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:52 PM
Evil Dead

I was, what about some of the other series you left out?
Old 05-15-2015, 09:59 PM

I simply have seen them or I haven't seen all of them to fairly judge a favorite. I'm slowly making my way down the list though. I'll confess I've been a monster junkie for a long time, but have only recently started branching out in the slasher and select few other types of horror. So many of the franchises listed in the first post are new to me, if not by a few years.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Evil Dead

Depending on your tastes in the genre you'll be in for a neat surprise when you see some of these films and their sequels for the first time.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:22 PM

Yeah especially after my own taste has changed. I was never interested in Aliens, but I feel now I could sit through the movies. I did for a Predator after all and enjoyed it.

I intend at some point to watch:
- A Nightmare On Elm Street (I've seen 3 or so, need to see the rest)
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Alien
- Predator
- Final Destination (recently acquired one of them on DVD)

These were taken from the list on the first post. I'm not sure about "Phantasm"... Don't know what it's about. And I'm not interested in zombies so no "Evil Dead", and I have no interest in the "Saw" films.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Evil Dead

Wow, those are some major ones you've yet to see. I'll say as a fan of most of those that they're definitely worth your while.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:20 AM
Evil Dead

The Poltergeist remake surprisingly wasn't too bad, I'd probably rate it higher than the third one. Still far prefer the first two movies though and am in the minority of preferring the second, though the first two are equals to me.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:10 PM
Indie Games & Horror

Halloween
My pick? The first one I suppose. Mayyybe the second. I did enjoy pretty much all of them, but in different ways. (Except 3, never saw it.)

Friday the 13th
This is a very difficult question. It comes down to 2, 3, and 4. But I pick 3. After 4 they changed a lot I think. Not to say they were bad, I just enjoy the first few more.

Nightmare on Elm Street
Tough call between the first three. I'm gonna go with 2 because of the mood I'm in.