Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-28-2004, 08:16 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
The Worst Food Horror Story Yet...Condom Found In Muffin...Eww

Condom Found In Muffin

A young Manhattan woman split open her breakfast muffin — and found a condom baked inside.

Theresa VanHorn, a 29-year-old writer at MTV Networks, said she was eating a carrot-nut cream-cheese-topped muffin from her office building's bodega on West 50th Street when she found a piece of latex baked into the crumbly delicacy.

"I ate almost half the muffin before discovering it," VanHorn said. "Then it was like slow motion when I pulled it out — I was screaming."

Since the incident last Tuesday morning, she said she's lost her appetite.

VanHorn called the Health Department to report it, but was told not to bother.

"Go ahead and throw away the evidence," a representative told her over the phone, VanHorn said.

"We won't get to your complaint for days, or maybe weeks."

The representative added that the department routinely gets complaints of foreign objects in food and doesn't have time to deal with them all immediately.

The owner of the bodega — which does not bake or alter the muffins it purchases from Sensible Edibles bakery — said he would stop carrying the bakery's products.

The well-known bakery in Long Island City, Queens, stocks the shelves of nearly 300 upscale local delis and most hotels in the city — including The Plaza, according to David Moarsi, its owner.

Moarsi denied his company was responsible for creating the questionable muffin — despite the muffin's picture and name being listed as a product on his business' Web site.

Sensible Edibles "is wall-to-wall inspected every two months," Moarsi said. "We haven't had one small complaint since 1992," when the bakery opened.

The owner of the bodega, which also receives muffins from another supplier, International Delight, provided inventory records showing the muffin had been supplied by Sensible Edibles.

Two International Delight employees contacted by The Post confirmed that the company does not make cream-cheese-covered muffins.

In the meantime, VanHorn is considering legal action, and Moarsi wants a lab to analyze the muffin — at a cost of nearly $600 — to prove whether or not it came from his bakery.

A city Health Department representative examined it on Thursday, but said the New York state Department of Agriculture and Markets would continue with the investigation.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 10-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to xI_dork_Ix
That's so sick! but my question is...if the muffin was baked...wouldn't the latex melt? Anywho...that would be horrorifying! Nice story! where do you get all these? haha. And them not having time to deal with small complaints...those are what add up the fastest! And bite you in the ass!

"SCIENCE FICTION DOUBLE FEATURE"
Science Fiction - double-feature Dr X will build a creature
See Androids fighting Brad and Janet, Anne Francis stars in Forbidden Planet
Oh - at the late night, double-feature Picture Show.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Evil Dead

blat blat (vomiting). i have done a lot of bad things to food (having been a cook and grime lord for many years), but never anything like a condom! oh man! thats gross, i have served steaks i dropped on the floor, but a condom in the food, that's different than furmunda cheese!!! (if you don't know what furmunda cheese is, ask! you willl be amazed what cooks do to your food!) don't go out to eat at a busy restaurant during a dinner or lunch rush, trusst me!!!

oh yeah, the latex wouldn't melt in the center of a muffin, they get baked at under 400degrees F!

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca
Old 10-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by I,ZOMBIE
i have done a lot of bad things to food (having been a cook and grime lord for many years)

You are an asshole.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Evil Dead

furmunda

CORRECTION: i was an asshole.

i think ii know someone who is slightly afraid to eat at any chain restaurant now, it's the guy who's eyes i just opened to the faact that you can't trust the indusrty. think about what happens to your food at fast food. i know a lot of fast food workers who have done 10000000times worse than anything i've ever done. at least i never stuck a kids hamurger bun in between my ass cheeks! i wouldn't eat at any restaurant if i were you, that's why i don't eat anything unless i cook it for myself. welll, i don't trust many people anyways, but food, yeah right. how many roman emperors died from poison? ttoo damn many!

Old 10-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Banned

Re: furmunda

Quote:
CORRECTION: i was an asshole.

i think ii know someone who is slightly afraid to eat at any chain restaurant now, it's the guy who's eyes i just opened to the faact that you can't trust the indusrty. think about what happens to your food at fast food. i know a lot of fast food workers who have done 10000000times worse than anything i've ever done. at least i never stuck a kids hamurger bun in between my ass cheeks! i wouldn't eat at any restaurant if i were you, that's why i don't eat anything unless i cook it for myself. welll, i don't trust many people anyways, but food, yeah right. how many roman emperors died from poison? ttoo damn many!

You aren't opening my eyes to anything, I know it happens and has probably happened to me many times.People who feel the need to do this to food are assholes.Did you think this was some kind of secret?
Old 10-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Evil Dead

Smile hmmmmmmm....

this conversation is over.
tyler's words coming out of my mouth

Old 10-31-2004, 04:53 AM
Death wants you!Yeah you!

Send a message via AIM to dantehorrorfan
Re: The Worst Food Horror Story Yet...Condom Found In Muffin...Eww

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Condom Found In Muffin

A young Manhattan woman split open her breakfast muffin — and found a condom baked inside.

Theresa VanHorn, a 29-year-old writer at MTV Networks, said she was eating a carrot-nut cream-cheese-topped muffin from her office building's bodega on West 50th Street when she found a piece of latex baked into the crumbly delicacy.

"I ate almost half the muffin before discovering it," VanHorn said. "Then it was like slow motion when I pulled it out — I was screaming."

Since the incident last Tuesday morning, she said she's lost her appetite.

VanHorn called the Health Department to report it, but was told not to bother.

"Go ahead and throw away the evidence," a representative told her over the phone, VanHorn said.

"We won't get to your complaint for days, or maybe weeks."

The representative added that the department routinely gets complaints of foreign objects in food and doesn't have time to deal with them all immediately.

The owner of the bodega — which does not bake or alter the muffins it purchases from Sensible Edibles bakery — said he would stop carrying the bakery's products.

The well-known bakery in Long Island City, Queens, stocks the shelves of nearly 300 upscale local delis and most hotels in the city — including The Plaza, according to David Moarsi, its owner.

Moarsi denied his company was responsible for creating the questionable muffin — despite the muffin's picture and name being listed as a product on his business' Web site.

Sensible Edibles "is wall-to-wall inspected every two months," Moarsi said. "We haven't had one small complaint since 1992," when the bakery opened.

The owner of the bodega, which also receives muffins from another supplier, International Delight, provided inventory records showing the muffin had been supplied by Sensible Edibles.

Two International Delight employees contacted by The Post confirmed that the company does not make cream-cheese-covered muffins.

In the meantime, VanHorn is considering legal action, and Moarsi wants a lab to analyze the muffin — at a cost of nearly $600 — to prove whether or not it came from his bakery.

A city Health Department representative examined it on Thursday, but said the New York state Department of Agriculture and Markets would continue with the investigation.
CONDOM does a body good EDIT:thats fucking gross
Old 10-31-2004, 06:59 AM
Banned

Re: hmmmmmmm....

Quote:
this conversation is over.
tyler's cock coming out of my mouth
Old 10-31-2004, 12:04 PM
I Am Violence

Re: hmmmmmmm....

Quote: