Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-21-2004, 03:52 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Hospital Carnage - 2 Nurses Murdered, 1 Beheaded

Nurse Beheaded In Hospital Carnage

PAU, France -- Police are questioning four drifters and a former psychiatric patient in a French hospital bloodbath that ended with one nurse beheaded and another stabbed to death, officials said Sunday.

Horrified hospital workers arriving for the Saturday morning shift found the two bodies in the geriatric psychiatry ward of the main hospital in this southwestern town.

Wounds on the corpses indicated the murderer probably used a sword or machete, police sources said.

Health Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy was due to hold an emergency meeting in Paris to review security in hospitals. Pau hospital complained to him during his urgent visit on Saturday of mounting insecurity there following staff cuts.

"The people who have been questioned seem to belong to a marginal mileu and be addicted to alcohol," Pau prosecutor Eric Maurel said.

Sources close to the investigation said four men, all local drifters in their 30s known to law enforcement authorities, were taken in for questioning after an anonymous call to the police.

The fifth was a former patient with violent tendencies who left the hospital only last Monday. "He has nothing to do with the others," the source said. "The hospital staff brought him to the attention of the police."

"We are not ruling out any theories, we're checking everything," Maurel told a news conference on Saturday. "We cannot say whether these persons are directly linked with the event."

The two nurses were aged 40 and 48, both married and mothers of children. Their ward houses Alzheimer's patients and all were accounted for on Saturday morning, medical sources said.

A window was smashed but it was not immediately clear if the murderer used it to enter or leave the building, which is surrounded by a large park.

"This is unspeakable, scandalous and horrible," Douste-Blazy said on Saturday after rushing to Pau from his nearby hometown of Lourdes in the region just north of the Pyrenees Mountains. "It was certainly someone very sick who did this."

"I've been the mayor here for 34 years and we've never seen anything like this," Mayor Andre Labarrere told the daily Le Parisien.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 12-21-2004, 04:52 AM
Evil Dead

OMG, what a coincidence, I've been working on a back story for next years haunt and we have decided to call it Lost Ridge Asylum.

Here's what I have so far, I'm not much of a writer, but it has worked in the past for a Haunted House, maybe somebody can give some suggestions

In 1829 Dr. Ephriam Pratt, a wealthy and somewhat eccentric Doctor of Psychiatry moved to the recently founded City of Sleepy Lake, from New York City. Dr. Pratt had long dreamed of starting his own Asylum for the housing and treatment of the mentally insane, and was drawn to the region do to its expansive land areas and low prices, along with it’s reasonable proximity to a couple of growing towns. Pratt purchased approximately 600 acres Southeast of a small village that is now known as the city of Carthage.

Construction of Pratt’s Asylum, named Lost Ridge for the long winding ridge on the far northern border of the estate, began in September of 1830. The asylum was designed to house 500 patients with accommodations for approximately 100 staff members. Pratt and his wife Elizabeth had purchased a small home in the nearby village so that Pratt could be close by to supervise construction. From the very beginning the construction process was wrought with delay and disaster. Rumors that the asylum was being built on land, which had once been an Indian burial ground, caused many of the local workers to refuse working at the site. Pratt called in a supposed Indian Medical Man to bless the site to help calm the fears of the workers. Still the construction was plagued with tragedy. Two workers were killed when one of the interior corridor walls they were working on collapsed, they were trapped for several hours and their screams for help could be heard late into the night while their fellow workers tried in vain to save them. Another worker was killed when he fell from the roof and was impaled on a portion of the iron fence, which surrounded the building, it is rumored that you can still here the cries of these men at night waiting for their rescue which never came. Despite all of the setbacks the asylum was completed in May of 1832.

Almost immediately the Asylum began receiving patients from all areas of Indiana. By the spring of 1833 they had reached their capacity of 540 patients and were operating with a staff of 6 Doctors, 74 Nurses and 31 support staff. Dr. Pratt was quickly gaining notoriety as a leading authority of new and sometimes controversial treatments for the insane, which he and his staff practiced. Pratt and his wife had grown tired of their small home in town and he decided on construction of a residence on the grounds of Lost Ridge Asylum. The home was completed in the summer of 1834 and dubiously named Lost Ridge Manor. Tragedy again struck Lost Ridge when one of the night nurses was repeatedly stabbed and killed after a severely psychotic patient broke out of his room, and drug her into one of the lavatories.

Nosferatu,
Does not this word sound like the call of the death bird at Midnight? You dare not say it since the pictures will fade into dark shadows, ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed on your own blood
Old 12-21-2004, 06:25 AM
Umbra Asylum

OMG!!!..That sounds awesome...Where exactly are you located?...I'm about 15 minutes from the southeastern border of Indiana...The kids and I would LOVE to be there for that:cool:

And no lawsuits, I promise ;)

Old 12-21-2004, 06:52 AM
Evil Dead

West Central Indiana...almost Ill. I can tell you that htere's a great event coming up this summer called Ironstock, vendors, workshops, dress-up party on Saturday night, always loads of fun. The Hosts always have an awsome Haunt located in Tell City, IN.

http://www.theironkingdom.com/Ironstock/

Nosferatu,
Does not this word sound like the call of the death bird at Midnight? You dare not say it since the pictures will fade into dark shadows, ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed on your own blood
Old 12-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Umbra Asylum

Quote:
Originally posted by movieman64
West Central Indiana...almost Ill. I can tell you that htere's a great event coming up this summer called Ironstock, vendors, workshops, dress-up party on Saturday night, always loads of fun. The Hosts always have an awsome Haunt located in Tell City, IN.

http://www.theironkingdom.com/Ironstock/
Thanks a lot for the information...Much appreciated :)

Old 12-21-2004, 08:29 AM
The horror of the minds

Sad thtat people will kill each other just for the fun of it.
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.