Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-22-2003, 10:04 AM
Living Dead

Thumbs down Cold Creek Manor

Perhaps I expected too much from this movie. In fact I should I say that I 100% did expect too much from it. It was the slowest thing ever. It had so few "scary" moments that I can count them on one hand...and they were so typical that unless you had just emerged from the Amazon and had never seen TV before you knew what was going to happen. It was rated 14A...with crude language and the one tacky, pointless, annoying, uncomfortable "adult" scene. It easily could have edited that adult part out and lost nothing but a restless minute that viewers could have spent enjoying fresh air out in the sunshine. Grrr. I was so disappointed.
This was no horror movie and though I think it aimed to be suspense or thriller it was WAY closer to drama than either of those labels. Don't waste your money on this one--wait till you can rent it if you want to suffer through it. Boring. Long. Disappointing. (You will leave trying to answer the million questions the movie brings to light...and I'm afraid there simply are no answers.)

**If you've seen the preview--you've seen the movie!**

The plus side was the set--a beautiful old manor house...although even there they didn't show you entire rooms or views or decor which I always watch for in movies.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:10 AM
Hellraiser

No horror, no way

Thanks for the comments, I still haven't seen it. I've read a number of reviews that echoed your comment that it isn't a horror movie at all.

I wonder if they were just marketing it as a horror movie because horror is doing well right now, or if they really meant it to be horror from the start, but they just blew it?

I'll probably see it eventually, but after what I've read here and all over the place, I'll wait until it's on cable or DVD.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:06 AM
Hellraiser

They advertise "thrillers" as 'smart' horror, thinking they'll capture some invisible audience.

But if it's good, genre won't matter, people will see it. (Ex: Sixth Sense) The ones they play off as "thriller of the year" turn out to be the crap.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to Blizz
I seen it with my uncle, we were the only people under 30 in the place heh. I've seen alot worse, but I've also seen alot better. I don't want to spoil anything so that is all I'll say.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Banned

Re: Cold Creek Manor

Quote:
Originally posted by carriekinz
Perhaps I expected too much from this movie. In fact I should I say that I 100% did expect too much from it. It was the slowest thing ever. It had so few "scary" moments that I can count them on one hand...and they were so typical that unless you had just emerged from the Amazon and had never seen TV before you knew what was going to happen. It was rated 14A...with crude language and the one tacky, pointless, annoying, uncomfortable "adult" scene. It easily could have edited that adult part out and lost nothing but a restless minute that viewers could have spent enjoying fresh air out in the sunshine. Grrr. I was so disappointed.
This was no horror movie and though I think it aimed to be suspense or thriller it was WAY closer to drama than either of those labels. Don't waste your money on this one--wait till you can rent it if you want to suffer through it. Boring. Long. Disappointing. (You will leave trying to answer the million questions the movie brings to light...and I'm afraid there simply are no answers.)

**If you've seen the preview--you've seen the movie!**

The plus side was the set--a beautiful old manor house...although even there they didn't show you entire rooms or views or decor which I always watch for in movies.
i don't know what this person is talking about
Old 06-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Coolio is my hero

Send a message via AIM to KRUGERKID13 Send a message via Yahoo to KRUGERKID13
i liked it stephen dorff rocks i definetly recomend it as a rental but not as a purchase
Old 06-09-2004, 05:42 AM
Post-Moderation

I downloaded this movie BEFORE IT HIT THEATERS:D i had know idea what i was watching, but it failed to excite....pretty lame, carrie's review is right on....
Old 06-11-2004, 07:48 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to CrazyPhysco
Cold creek manor sucked.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

yes very bad movie indeed.....
Old 06-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Scares Little Kids

Stephen DOrff

Aside from the fact DOrff looks beefier than usual, there's nothing good about this movie. At all.