Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Scares Little Kids

Black Christmas remake

Any fans fo the original, I loved it, and dont want to see a remake of it, it will prolly suck, it wont have any of the good characters or the suspense as the original, as with most of the remakes so far. I am pretty tired of remakes. and the cast they have doesnt look that good either.

But what do u all think about the original
and what do u think about a remake of this movie

here's a page on it on Bloody-disgusting.com
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/730
Old 10-16-2006, 04:20 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Positive aspect:

New SE of the original getting released, which means that I'll finally get to see it
Old 10-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Undead

Send a message via Yahoo to lyricist
let's hope it's not pg-13....
Old 10-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Tenant

Here's the thing:

I'm actually not a huge fan of the original, though it definately had it's moments. However, a remake is not justifiable for this, because I feel like all the parts that did work worked because of the raw, gritty 70s feel/atmosphere/tone/whatever.

This is one, like Halloween and The Evil Dead, that just needs to be left alone.

It belongs in the time period it was created in. Now we need to start creating good time pieces (as far as horror. We've certainly created some good ones in other genres), or our time (us young'uns) will fail to be as significant in horror's history as the rest of a good portion of 100 years.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:45 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
...or our time (us young'uns) will fail to be as significant in horror's history as the rest of a good portion of 100 years.
I wouldnt say that.

Look at people like you and I; The younger folks that do appreciate good horror films. I assure you that there are plenty of us out there. I think the current sad state of horror films is actually just as inspiring as if there were good films being made. Think about it: We see all the shit that is being passed off for horror, so we go off to fix the genre.

I'd say within 5 years, horror will have a huge resurgence in quality. Films like Silent Hill, though still not on par with the classics, really give me hope for the genre.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I love the original.

***SPOILER ALERT***

I was actually watching this the other day and thinking, "I wonder, if They remade this, how They would play off the phone call thing? like with caller id and such these days, especially."

seriously. if I checked out the caller i.d. and it said the call was coming from a number inside the house (gasp!), then I would leave and there wouldn't be a movie for me to get killed in. and even if they don't have caller i.d., it doesn't take 30 fucking minutes for some jackass in plaid flannel to chase down the call in a room the size of a gym that is filled with machinery; they can now just give it the *69 treatment or some other advent of the digital age.

Last edited by knife_fight; 10-16-2006 at 05:15 PM. Reason: added spoiler alert warning
Old 10-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Scares Little Kids

good point Knife Fight, with caller i.d. and *69 and how fast they can trace calls, it will make the phone call pretty much impossible.

Should be seeing trailer for themovie here sometime, I thinks it suppose to come out on Christmas Day of this year I believe.
I might go see it i dont know if i want to waste my money on it, might just wait til it comes out on DVD
Old 10-29-2006, 02:48 AM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to hypnocil addict
yayayayay for Lacey Chabert!! BOOOOOOO for Mary Elizabeth Winstead!

anyway, anyone have a definate release date for the movie? trailers arent being shown anywhere except in the UK.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:23 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Positive aspect:

New SE of the original getting released, which means that I'll finally get to see it
If you get the space channel it's on Halloween night.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Undead

If any horror movie deserves a remake, it is this one. Mainly for the fact that so few people have seen the original. I know some hardcore horror fans who still havent seen the original.

alkytrio666 makes very valid points though.