Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Evil Dead

Al Gore makes scariest movie ever?

I mean....damn....when he talk about all the polar bear drowning from not having any ice to retreat to....that is tough. All the graphs and charts he shows on CO2 emissions. All the before and after photos of various places on the globe. He almost makes it sound like the entire world is fucked already and there is nothing we can do. That makes me very sad for out kids and grandkids. :confused:
Old 03-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Groovy

I totally agree. I've mentioned this in a couple of posts around the place - I saw it the other night and frankly it scared the shit out of me. (The film, for anyone who doesn't know, is 'An Inconvenient Truth')

It's not so much what is happening - although that's scary as hell - it's the fact that politics and money drive any action or inaction, rather than the good of humanity. Why the fuck should all of our lives, and those of our future families, be decided on the whim of a few people who have already bought their way to the top?

BTW check out 'Loose Change' as well - it's available to view for free on the internet - about the evidence surrounding the Sep 11th attacks.

I should be feeling safer over here in the UK, but since we've disappeared up the arse of American policy anyway, it just makes me want to cry.

Bastards.

Oh, by the way, yay me. 100 posts!

*wishes I could be happier about 100 posts!* :mad:
Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Tenant

Great film...everyone needs to see it.

Utterly terrifying.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaboner3000 View Post
I mean....damn....when he talk about all the polar bear drowning from not having any ice to retreat to....that is tough. All the graphs and charts he shows on CO2 emissions. All the before and after photos of various places on the globe. He almost makes it sound like the entire world is fucked already and there is nothing we can do. That makes me very sad for out kids and grandkids. :confused:
it's Al Gore, of course something innocent had to drown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 03-02-2007, 02:03 PM
BH14

Great film... Everyone always heard about it but people need to realize that it's very serious problem. The problem isnt just gonna effect 50-100 years from now. The problem of global warming is happening NOW with the crazy weather and storms. I find it crazy that 10 of the hottest years happened in the last 14 years and NY got like 1 inch of snow all year. Very unusual. As soon as I saw this movie, I posted a trailer on a myspace bulletin to tell everyone to go see it. It's a must see documentary. "Tree huggers" don't seem so crazy now.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 03-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaboner3000 View Post
:confused:
Did this movie really scare you?I thought it was funny stuff!:) But I can understand why"Al Gore"would scare little kids....hell, he scares me!:eek:

Last edited by paws the great; 03-02-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH14 View Post
Great film... Everyone always heard about it but people need to realize that it's very serious problem. The problem isnt just gonna effect 50-100 years from now. The problem of global warming is happening NOW with the crazy weather and storms. I find it crazy that 10 of the hottest years happened in the last 14 years and NY got like 1 inch of snow all year. Very unusual. As soon as I saw this movie, I posted a trailer on a myspace bulletin to tell everyone to go see it. It's a must see documentary. "Tree huggers" don't seem so crazy now.
New York got an inch of snow?

POSTED: 11:39 p.m. EST, February 8, 2007
OSWEGO, New York (AP) -- While the northern Plains and Northeast shiver in dangerously cold temperatures, the folks in upstate New York are keeping warm shoveling snow -- lots of snow.

Since Sunday, the small towns of Parish and Mexico have recorded more than 6 feet of snow, and forecasters with the National Weather Service say it isn't over yet

Personally this stuff isn't scary but I don't feel the need to discuss it here, I've debated it enough with friends and family.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Personally this stuff isn't scary but I don't feel the need to discuss it here, I've debated it enough with friends and family.
Yea, at least you and you friends discuss important stuff like this. So many of my friends can't even tell me who the current vice president is. :eek:
Old 03-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paws the great View Post
Did this movie really scare you?I thought it was funny stuff!:) But I can understand why"Al Gore"would scare little kids....hell, he scares me!:eek:
Yeah. Funny. Fuckin' hilarious, actually.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
Yeah. Funny. Fuckin' hilarious, actually.
Haha....I think"Al Gore"is very funny.

I don't take the hypocrite serious!

Practice what you preach"Al Gore":rolleyes: