Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-27-2007, 04:42 AM
Scares Little Kids

Paradise Lost (aka Turistas)

Paradise Lost (known as Turistas elsewhere) is finally being released here in the UK next Friday (June 1st).

I caught a preview screening last week and was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't expecting that much from it, but the setting of the Brazilian jungle and the underwater shots of the caves were incredible.

For those not in the know, Paradise Lost (aka Turistas) concentrates on the experiences of several backpackers who become stranded in the depths of the Brazilian jungle after their bus crashes.

It isn't your usual slasher movie and manages to maintain plenty of suspense with a strong sinister element, but without being too graphic (bar one particularly stomach-churning scene!). This made it far more enjoyable than something like Hostel, which was just unnecessary violence. Paradise Lost actually has a storyline and a good twist at the end.

The main lesson I learned from it is to be cautious of who you befriend and put your trust in when on your travels or you could end up losing more than just wallet!

For those in the UK that don't know about this one, check out the trailer.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Scares Little Kids

Just been playing an online game for the movie where you can win a couple of round the world tickets. I don't seem to be getting anywhere though! :rolleyes:

Any other Brits seen or planning to see it when it comes out this weekend?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

I would wait for DVD if you really want to see it. It was pretty "blah", I was rather disappointed.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Evil Dead

i'll rent or buy if it's cheap. i have heard on numerous occasions on here that it's poor
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 05-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Eye Catching

I have seen the trailer at the cinema and I thought it looked a lot like Hostel. I will probably give it a watch though.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Scares Little Kids

For me it was 100 times better than Hostel, simply because it had a storyline and point to it. It's not gratuitous either... other than one particular scene which is integral to the plot (sort of!)

Don't believe all the reviews you hear. Also, the visuals on the big screen were fantastic. Not the same watching on tv unless you have a 42"+ plasma with home cinema system!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Eye Catching

Point taken will probably view this in the cinema, all I need now is time off and money. lol
Old 05-31-2007, 02:22 AM
Undead

It was ok. The biggest dissapointment for me was seeing how skinny Melissa George has got. Looked pretty average as well. I saw the "uncut" version, was pretty tame though.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
I thought this movie was just boring, not memorable at all. Not bad exactly, it just didn't make an impact.