Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-12-2007, 01:16 PM
I'M 37!!!

WWE Armageddon 2007

The card is made and now it's time for my predictions.

WWE Championship: Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho
This one is hard to determine. For one, it is Jericho's big return, and I can see WWE giving him the title just for that (and because of how huge his fan base is now). Although, I can also see Orton retaining for two reasons: 1. Fans hate him, so keeping him as champ will bring in rating for PPV's, in hopes that fans will think he'll lose, or 2. So the feud between these two can continue (reason for Jericho winning as well). Looking over these reasons, I'm going to have to go with my gut and say Randy Orton, sadly.
Winner: Randy Orton

Triple Threat Match for World Heavyweight Championship: Batista vs. Edge vs. Undertaker
This one is a lot easier to predict than the WWE Championship. It'll be Batista retaining. Two reasons: Batista is Smackdown's big star, and he's always in the title picture, whether or not he has the belt. Might as well just hold on to it. Also, Edge and Taker are obviously going to be starting a rivavlry, and, though the title can be in the picture, they'll most likely keep it away from both men's waist, so they can have a match at WrestleMania 24.
Winner: Batista

CM Punk & Kane vs. Big Daddy V & Mark Henry
Why a champion has to be in a tag team match instead of putting his title on the line each year at Armageddon is beyond me. In 2005, Batista teamed with Mysterio to take on Kane & Big Show, instead of putting the gold on the line. Last year, both Batista and Cena teamed up to take on Booker T & Finlay, instead of putting either of their gold on the line. This year, Punk teams with Kane to take on V & Henry instead of putting the gold on the line. It's ridiculous. If I'm paying $40.00 for a PPV, then I better see some damn title matches, not something I can watch for free on Raw, Smackdown, or, in this case, ECW. I have a feeling Daddy and Henry will pick up the victory. Why? Because, either way, nobody cares.
Winners: Big Daddy V & Mark Henry

Number 1 Contender's Match for WWE Championship:Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy
It's another match where the champion isn't putting the title on the line. Okay, so this one is more understandable because HHH competes for the big gold, not the middle gold. Then again, in 2001, HHH and Kane feuded over the IC title, despite the fact that they were top contenders for the WWE Championship. Anyway, I'm interested in seeing how this match will go down. I see HHH winning this match for two reasons: 1. the IC title isn't on the line for a reason, and 2. WWE wants him in the title picture again.
Winner: Triple H

Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. Kennedy
I've been wanting to see this match go down for awhile. Two cocky superstars with great in-ring skill and mic skills (not to mention two of my favorite wrestlers) going at it in the middle of the ring. It should be very interesting, especially with the way the feud has gone so far on Raw. Mr. Kennedy will pick up the win by cheating, just so they can keep this feud alive.
Winner: Mr. Kennedy

Finlay vs. The Great Khali
I could really give a shit about this match, so I'll just say Finlay wins and move this thing on.
Winner: Finlay

Women's Championship: Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James
It's good to see Mickie James back in the title picture again. Too bad she's going to lose. Why? Because WWE wants to keep promoting Phoenix as a dominant woman in the business.
Winner: Beth Phoenix

United States Championship: MVP vs. Rey Mysterio
Well, I guess WWE finally dropped the inane Hardy/MVP feud and are now moving on. This match could end up stealing the show, with Mysterio's high-flying maneuvers and MVP's surprising mat wrestling. I can't wait to see these two go at it. As to who's coming out on top, I have to give the edge to MVP, only because I feel WWE isn't done pushing him yet.
Winner: MVP

I will be ordering the show, and can't wait to see it. I'm glad I can say that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 12-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Mark It 0

I heard/read on some site that wwe wants to have a batista vs HHH championship match at mania, so the way this ppv goes will perdict future storylines heading to mania. maybe have batista win the rumble giving him a choice of what championship he will go for.

i agree with you on orton winning the title match over jericho...also agree with the game winning his match over jeff hardy...I hope kennedy wins his match against michaels, kennedy is one of my fav's a classic bad guy with good mat/mic skills...don't really care about the other matches...also forgot i think taker will take the title from batista
Old 12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
I'M 37!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybomb View Post
I heard/read on some site that wwe wants to have a batista vs HHH championship match at mania, so the way this ppv goes will perdict future storylines heading to mania. maybe have batista win the rumble giving him a choice of what championship he will go for.

i agree with you on orton winning the title match over jericho...also agree with the game winning his match over jeff hardy...I hope kennedy wins his match against michaels, kennedy is one of my fav's a classic bad guy with good mat/mic skills...don't really care about the other matches...also forgot i think taker will take the title from batista
I too love Mr. Kennedy. He's got great mat and mic skills, and is such a good heel. I haev his "Talk Loud" shirt and wear it all the time. I was hoping to actually go to Armageddon, since it's only about 5 hours from my house. But, me and my friends can't get a ride. We're going to go to a house show in Reading, PA on January 29th. It'll be my third event.

As for the WrestleMania idea, I can see WWE doing that. If so, then either Triple H loses at Armageddon, but goes on to win the Royal Rumble, or Batista loses at Armageddon, but wins the Royal Rumble. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Mark It 0

I haven't been to an event in so long, the last was i think backlash with goldberg beating the rock in the main event...my favorite heel was kurt angle back then i have the i'll make you tap out shirt that i still wear alot, also loved the rock.

Mr. kennedy can be great but it seems every time he's line for a big push something happens injuries/suspension and so on...maybe this will be the breakout fued against michaels that puts over
Old 12-12-2007, 03:00 PM
I'M 37!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybomb View Post
I haven't been to an event in so long, the last was i think backlash with goldberg beating the rock in the main event...my favorite heel was kurt angle back then i have the i'll make you tap out shirt that i still wear alot, also loved the rock.

Mr. kennedy can be great but it seems every time he's line for a big push something happens injuries/suspension and so on...maybe this will be the breakout fued against michaels that puts over
I know what you mean. Kennedy wins MITB, gets shoulder injury. Has to relinquish MITB, only to find out weeks later that he's not that injured, and could've held on to it. Was going to be Mr. McMahon's bastard child, but was suspended for steroids that he took way before he was with the WWE. I'm hoping this feud with HBK will get him back on track. I'd hate to see a rising star like him get shafted.

I've been to two live events before. Unforgiven 2003, where Goldberg beat HHH for the World Heavyweight Championship and Shane McMahon missed the leap of faith off of the titantron (it was fucking amazing). I've also been to a live event in August 2004, a week before Summerslam. It was pretty cool, but Eddie Guerrero (RIP) didn't wrestle. He was supposed ot wrestle Angle in the main event, but, for unknown reasons, was replaced with John Cena. Now I'll never get to see him wrestle live.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Mark It 0

i saw eddie at the last event with chavo taken on the world's greatest tag team...we'll see how this ppv event goes need a new favorite and mr kennedy seems promising...i like the game but he's been around and in the title hunt for too long now...Hate randy orton he just sucks no mic skills...
Old 12-13-2007, 03:31 PM
I'M 37!!!

I'm hoping Jericho wins the title. If not now, then soon. WWE really let him drop over the years. He went from being the first ever Undisputed Champion (beating Rock and Stone Cold in one night) to being a mid-carder, battling for the Intercontinental Championship. I'm hoping that, since he's in the spotlight again, WWE won't let it fade away again.

Quote:
Old 12-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Mark It 0

I have to agree with yellow jacket...Jericho is great and would be nice to see him win the title, but in his first ppv match back it might be to soon, hope i'm wrong...i would love to see a jericho and kennedy fued that would be pretty sweeeeet...
Old 12-16-2007, 08:15 AM
I'M 37!!!

Yeah, I don't think they'll give him the title right off the bat (though they've done so with others before). But, as long as he gets one more run before he retires, I'll be happy.

By the way, the PPV is tonight. If you're a wrestling fan, and are willing to churn out $40.00, order it now. I'm ordering it because, this time, the card seems great. Half of the matches I've been begging for (Kennedy-Michaels, for example).

Quote:
Old 12-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Mark It 0

Didn't watch the ppv, but read match by match highlights...seemed liked it was a good ppv, never saw the game losing to jeff hardy clean like he did...poor kennedy losing clean to hbk when will this guy get his push...jbl coming back to wrestle full time to fued with jericho:)