Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Evil Dead

One Dark Night

'One Dark Night' is a movie I recently purchased on Ebay for a buck and a half. It's a movie from the early eighties and the storyline is as follows:

A girl (played by Meg Tilly, Jennifer Tilly's sister) wants to be part of a high school group called 'the sisters'. She'll be allowed if she spends the night at a mausoleum. What the girls don't know, however, is that there just was a guy buried who had psychic powers. He could let objects move with his mind and drain people's powers and then use their bodies at will. His powers are so strong, that he resurrects himself and starts to use & move the other bodies in the mausoleum as he pleases. That way, he torments the girls who're there.

I thought it was an ok movie. Hell, it even stars Adam 'Batman' West!

The director went on to direct movies such as 'Friday the 13th Part 6', 'Sometimes they come back' and an episode from 'Freddy's Nightmares'. Anybody else seen this or any thoughts?
Old 01-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
This is the last of the movies I've been looking for since I was a kid. I still haven't bought it yet b/c I heard a DVD was coming out. Hope so anyway. I liked it when I was little, hope it still holds up.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
This is the last of the movies I've been looking for since I was a kid. I still haven't bought it yet b/c I heard a DVD was coming out. Hope so anyway. I liked it when I was little, hope it still holds up.
I think you'll still like it. The movie really picks up the pace during the last 30 minutes when all the dead guys are wandering around. Sure, the effects may sometimes be unimpressive, but that adds to the charm in movies like this, at least in my opinion.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Sounds good. Blue Underground have the rights to it now and they put out some sweet DVD's. There's not a release date yet though.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Evil Dead

I like anything with Elizabeth Daily. Any gal open-minded enough to date PeeWee Herman is cool in my book.