Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-13-2008, 05:30 PM
For Vendetta

Heavy Metal - David Fincher version

Mar 13, 2008

Paramount Pictures will make an animated film inspired by the '70s sci-fi fantasy magazine Heavy Metal, with director David Fincher spearheading the project.

"Heavy Metal" will be stamped by the erotic and violent storylines and images that remain the trademark of a magazine that debuted in the U.S. in 1977. The mag introduced the works of American artists and writers such as Robert Silverberg, Harlan Ellison and H.R. Giger.

The film will consist of eight or nine individual animated segments, each of which will be directed by a different helmer.

Fincher will direct one of the segments; Kevin Eastman, the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" co-creator who is now owner and publisher of Heavy Metal, will direct another. So will Tim Miller, whose Blur Studios will handle the animation for what is being conceived as an R-rated, adult-themed feature.

Fincher, Eastman and Miller will produce the film. The studio will lock in the other directors shortly. The mag previously spawned a 1981 animated feature and 2000 sequel.

Fincher, who directed "Zodiac" for Paramount, recently wrapped the Brad Pitt-Cate Blanchett starrer "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," which Paramount releases Dec. 19. Fincher recently became attached to direct Paramount's adaptation of the Charles Burns graphic novel "Black Hole" and is also developing "Torso" and "The Killer" for the studio.

Miller is writing, directing and producing a feature-length version of "Rockfish." Blur has also been responsible for animating such videogames as "Transformers: The Game," based on the hit pic from DreamWorks and Paramount.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Scares Little Kids

Heavy Metal is one of my favorite movies, but I HATED Heavy Metal 2000....I think this sounds like it's getting back on the right track. Plus, if it's R rated, the scope of what they can get away with will be a lot broader, which means I'll probably love it:)
Old 03-14-2008, 04:27 PM
whatever gets you through

the key is the soundtrack. the first one was awesome but it was also amazing music
Old 06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
For Vendetta

A recent interview with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles creator Kevin Eastman revealed some rather mind-blowing intel on the upcoming animated Heavy Metal film.

After a lengthy discussion with Film School Rejects, Eastman revealed a line-up of directors for the project that could literally melt your face.

"I've got breaking news that Fincher and James Cameron are going to be Co-Executive Producers on the film," said Eastman. "Fincher will direct one. Cameron will direct one. Zack Snyder is going to direct one and Gore Verbinski is going to. Mark Osborne and Jack Black from Tenacious D are going to do a comedy segment for the film. Three other directors have agreed but we haven't signed them, but they're equally as jaw-dropping. So we're on cloud nine to be working with such an amazing amount of talent."

Penny for your thoughts on who could be as "jaw-dropping" as Fincher, Cameron, Verbinski and Snyder.