Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Scares Little Kids

The HDC Battle Royale by The Author

The night was still. Creatures were silent, trees didn't shake and shiver in the wind. It was as if the entire world was holding it's breath. That was the night that it arrived. He didn't wake anything. e didn't disturb anything. He just stood there. Stood in front of one house. But that stare must have had something odd about it, for it woke the occupant. And his life would be changed forever.
V, the house owner rose from his bed. He didn't know why, he just did. His feet walked. He could stop them if he wanted to, but he didn't. Down the stairs and to the front door. He opened it, and there was a man there. Staring at him. Usually that was the kind of thing that would get you to stop walking, but he didn't. He didn't know why he was did it, he just did. And when the man explained his intentions, he thought they were mad. Any other time he would have said no. But he didn't. He didn't know why he agreed. He just did.

The occupants of the town, who happened to all work for the same company awoke as normal. The brushed their teeth. They had a shower and had their breakfast. But there was something not right. Each of them knew it in the back of their minds. It was like when you go into a room and some thing's missing, but you can't quite put your finger on it. They got their mail and thought nothing of it as they opened their envelopes. Each letter was hand written and they all had the same message.

Greetings inhabitants of HDC,

In my journeys between the darkside and the netherworlds, I have chanced upon this little place and chosen it as the venue of my mission.

You all have been chosen to represent HDC in the first ever HDC BATTLE ROYALE. All of you have invitations in your hands, and those of you who choose to accept this prestigious challenge will be drafted in. My apprentice, __V__, will explain the rules if you choose to accept and also be your esteemed host through the Battle Royale, which will finish in crowning one of you as HDC Battle Royale King/Queen.

To accept, please simply leave this letter on your front door mat.

They all knew it was strange, but then again, they all liked the idea of something new. The town of HDC had become dull and lust less in the last few months and they all needed excitement. So, some of them decided to take up the challenge. They knew it was risky, but still, they couldn't stop themselves.
But as each laid it on their doormat, something incredible happened. But not the kind of incredible you get when you open the present you've been hinting at from christmas. The kind of incredible you get when someone's just stolen something out of your pocket without you knowing. It's terrible, but you have to admire it at the same time.

The second their letter hit their door mat, two men dressed entirely in black appeared from nowhere. They seemed to just jump from thin air. There were struggles with some, some were so shocked they stood their frozen, and others had been kind of expecting it. Either way, nobody got free of them. And one by one, more people turned up.

One of them, neverending woke up. He looked next to him and in some other, scrawny, torn up hammocks were murderdoll, The Mothman, Phalanx, ferretchucker, elvis_christ, Doc Faustus, Jenna26, fortunato and VampiricClown.
All fast asleep but the looked fit and well. They were in a small, dark room. The walls looked weak. They were covered in cobwebs, sheets of cloths, and pieces of metal. On one wall there was a shelf. It had a few pots and pans on it, a kettle, equipment to make a fire and eating utensils. None of them looked hygienic and he suspected they would break before long. In the centre of the back wall, there was a small fridge and a small cupboard. He looked in the cupboard and it was full of rice and pots of soup. In the fridge there were a few bottles of milk. He was regretting joining this thing already. He just hoped he see it to the end...
Old 04-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Cranky

Well done, author, whoever you are!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 04-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Well done, author, whoever you are!
Yes, a nice story seems to be brewing. I'm loving all these little added parts of the Battle Royale the members of HDC are creating. Great job Author.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:09 AM
Horroritis

Good stuff Author

I think I know who you are:D
Old 04-19-2008, 02:41 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Nicely done! I was mentioned! Woohoo! Next time though, I want a speaking part! :)

The Ferrets like it...
Old 04-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Scares Little Kids

it was a long night. For all of the people in the bunkers, things weren't looking too good. Earlier in the day, they had recieved a small letter written in the same writing as their invitations. It was slipped under the door and explained the rules of the game and things weren't too bad. Although it didn't make clear what was to happen if you lost. There were some debates. They'd be sent home, they'd have to work for the organiser of the competition, but in the back of their minds they knew it wasn't that simple.

Around half and hour after darkness fell, they received two more letters. The first simply told them their team names but the second was far more important. As none of them had anything to do, although each bunker did contain an old book with blank pages, possibly for keeping a diary, it wasn't their idea of excitement, well, all but one, they were all thankful they had something to do.

The letter told them of their first challenge.

I welcome all 3 groups - The Monsters Squad, The Mad Killers and Ash's Chainsaws - to your first ever Battle Royale Challenge.

Before that, let me remind you that EACH ONE of you now carries a bullseye on your back...from now on, your survival in Battle Royale solely depends upon how you fare as a team (in the beginning), and as an individual (in the later stages). Knowledge is not the only weapon which will see you pass these challenges...it will be a test of your integrity, character and stamina as a HDC-ian.

So, onwards we go...right into THE FIRST BATTLE ROYALE CHALLENGE :-

Identify the movies from which these quotes have been taken :-

* "What are you, Smokey the Clown now?"
* "What do you think I want, you mean ol' bastard? I wanna room!"
* "I have such wonderful sights to show you!"
* "Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."
* "I change my cars as regularly as a snake sheds its skin."
* "Bad luck isn't brought by broken mirrors, but by broken minds.”
* "Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight? It appears quite black."
* “Somebody who should be dead is alive, or somebody who should be alive is already dead."
* "And the present is trivia, which I scribble down as fucking notes."
* “That was something trying to get out of its premature grave, and I don't want to be here when it does."

There are 240 points up for grabs in the above challenge. The deadline for sending your entries ends on Monday, 31st March at 12 Noon EST.

You may confer within members of your own team in your quest for the right answers, but each Battle Royale participant should send in their own individual entries. To enter your answers, please simply write them on the bits of paper in the book with the pen found next to it, and slip them under the door.

Each team member immediatetely sprung to life. But before they were able to celebrate for long, yet another letter was slipped under their doors.

And now comes the SHOCKING penalty of HDC Battle Royale's Challenge #1 :-

In case your group fails in this Challenge, all 8 members will be given a Smith and Wesson .45 loaded with ONE bullet.

The group will then be let free, out of the Battle Royale grounds, where they will hunt each other down and choose someone from their own team as a target for their bullet. That is, they will send me a PM or email telling me which member they choose to receive their bullet.

4 bullets will kill a person. Ergo, the contestant who receives 4 bullets will die, and so be OUT of the HDC Battle Royale.

The lifeline - the points you score individually. There are 10 individual points to be scored here. 5 points are equal to a health-pack, which will negate the effects of 1 bullet. You might survive, but you will be severely wounded.

So, 1 bullet - slightly wounded,
2 bullets - wounded,
3 bullets - severely wounded,
and
4 bullets - dead and OUT.

So, which means, even if you end up slightly OR severely wounded in this Challenge, you WILL CARRY the bullet inside you into the NEXT challenge!

The dreaded punishment revealed, the moods faded and the cracks began to form. Gorephobia and VampiricClown played cool, urgeok wondered if there was another solution which wouldn't end in betrayal, but then the moods rose. team spirit built. Maybe it was because of the adrenaline pumping in their veins or just the sheer will to live, but they all pulled together as teams.

There was only one. One who would not work as a team. One who wanted to do it himself. And that would lead to his ultimate destruction...
Old 04-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Evil Puppy

All I want to know is if this is somebody who's playing currently, dead, or not even in the Battle Royale. Same goes with "Diary".
Old 04-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
All I want to know is if this is somebody who's playing currently, dead, or not even in the Battle Royale. Same goes with "Diary".
All I want to know is, who is this "one who wanted to do it himself"?

Well, okay...I wanna know TWO things...How does this 'Author' KNOW that there is one who wants "to do it himself"?

Oh, and yes, this IS excellent writing...I'm enjoying it very much :)
Old 04-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Tonight's the nght.

this is getting very iteresting.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Didn't one of the contestants freak out and quit when the battle royale started? I believe that's who the author is speaking of.