Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Maggie:}

Send a message via AIM to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via MSN to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkfloyd45769
more bad news..:(

The house deal is on hold,the owners are not sure if they want to move.I knew this would happen,it was all going too smooth.I have to start looking all over again now.I'm considering waiting until the holidays are over if i don't find something fast.I think it may be for the best to take it slow,take my time and find a sure thing.I really wanted this place because its really close to my parents and that would make it easy for all of us.I'm also thinking ,with all the things going on in the economy,it may be for the best.I guess i shopuld be running out of bad luck soon and that will mean surely there will be some good...right???:)
Old 09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloyd45769 View Post
The house deal is on hold,the owners are not sure if they want to move.I knew this would happen,it was all going too smooth.I have to start looking all over again now.I'm considering waiting until the holidays are over if i don't find something fast.I think it may be for the best to take it slow,take my time and find a sure thing.I really wanted this place because its really close to my parents and that would make it easy for all of us.I'm also thinking ,with all the things going on in the economy,it may be for the best.I guess i shopuld be running out of bad luck soon and that will mean surely there will be some good...right???:)
Supposed to :D

I had 2, almost 3 really hard years, but I am finally working full time, writing, and my marriage is better than ever (not to rub your face in it, its just that things got BAD for a while).

But things get worse before they get better, "The night is always darkest before dawn" as the old saying goes. Consider the house thing a blessing, everyone, even people with perfect credit are getting royally screwed on mortgages, and its supposed to get worse before dingleberry dumbfuck is out of office, so bide your time. We are renting for a good long time, because its actually turning out way better for us, especially saving money.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via MSN to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkfloyd45769
I'm thinking of renting an apartment for now.We have some really nice ones around here that even have playgrounds for kids.I am really not going to let this get me down,i want to stay positve.I'm glad that you have a good life and marriage:)I'm really just so damn happy and i don't know why.I have alot to be happy about,i know that i do.Its just all of a sudden i'm plain freakin happy.What up with that?It is seriously like i woke up one morning and everything that i thought was so important no longer matters.I'm just happy:) Now back on topic,the ecoomy is really kinda scary right now.Its one reason that this is not really that upsetting.Who knows what will happen next and i could end up really deep in debt....deeper than i am now.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
I'm thinking of renting an apartment for now.We have some really nice ones around here that even have playgrounds for kids.I am really not going to let this get me down,i want to stay positve.I'm glad that you have a good life and marriage:)I'm really just so damn happy and i don't know why.I have alot to be happy about,i know that i do.Its just all of a sudden i'm plain freakin happy.What up with that?It is seriously like i woke up one morning and everything that i thought was so important no longer matters.I'm just happy:) Now back on topic,the ecoomy is really kinda scary right now.Its one reason that this is not really that upsetting.Who knows what will happen next and i could end up really deep in debt....deeper than i am now.
Precisely. when the market comes back, it will probably be a bonanza for people trying to by because there will be people who have been holding out on selling because they didnt want to take too big a loss.

And if the economy doesnt come back, its probably due to a zombie apocalypse, and I'd like to think everyone on this site is prepared for that, or at least knows what to do :D
Old 10-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Tonight's the nght.

I'm sorry the house is on hold.You will find one though.I'm also glad your happy!Which is a good thing,feeling happy rules!The Econemy is scary though,i will have to agree with it.Well it's retarded.I hope everything smooths out soon.I wish you the best,like always.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 AM

I think the apartments i was thinking about might be a good idea.Its only for families and is in a pretty good neighborhood.I'm thinking about the fact that i will be living alone and it would be a good thing to have other families around to watch out for each other.The crime rate is really going through the roof around here and i need to keep my kids safe.It will all come together i'm sure.Thanks guys for helping me stay positive on this.Vod,you actually helped me a little more with the decision on renting.It seems like alot of money down the drain and it could be going towards owning my own home.Yet,for some reason,it sounds like a pretty good option right now.Thanks again guys:)
Old 10-01-2008, 06:34 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

That sucks about the house, but with the economy the way it is right now, maybe it's a blessing in disguise? You might find something much better later on.

We were going to buy a house this year (we are currently in an apartment), but the mortgage rates are going up again so I think we will probably just rent a house for a few years for things to be stable, it will probably be much cheaper.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Vod,you actually helped me a little more with the decision on renting.It seems like alot of money down the drain and it could be going towards owning my own home.Yet,for some reason,it sounds like a pretty good option right now.Thanks again guys:)
Glad i could help.

Its not money down the drain right now; think about what is entailed in owning a home: If the roof leaks, floors fall through, the electricity gets screwed up, you are responsible for it, THAT is money down the drain. If you are renting, someone else is responsible for that and you can focus on more important things :)

Like an impending divorce and your kids.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Waste Disposer

I think it's definitely a blessing in disguise.
The reason people are foreclosing their houses right now is because they are living beyond their means, or living on credit cards- which is a vicious cycle to get out of.
If you have a house deal where you could wrap all your debt into the mortgage loan-fine, but to start out with a mortgage AND being in debt?

:eek: hooboy, that's just a mess o trouble girlfriend.

Take it slow, educate yourself on homebuying.
The more downpayment the better.
The lowest FIXED interest rate ( and this depends on your credit scores)
Always have a home inspected by someone NOT by the seller/ real estate agent's choice.
Just Say No to 30 year loans! (you end up paying way more for your house)

What a bank looks for in approving a LARGE LOAN is:
your Job History( they like consistant 6 months or more with same company)

Your Credit History (They like to see consistant payments and high credit scores)

How much money you happen to have in your bank accounts when they do a inquiry.

It could take only 6 months to make a good credit score if you work on it.
Pay cash for everything (Can't? then do without), pay all your debt off.
If you have to use a credit card-use the one with lowest interest and pay it off every month.
Anything you can put away in an interest bearing account-do it (a really good one is ING)
If you have a really high debt on your credit report that you know will take forever to pay- contest it.
The company you have this account with has 30 days to do something about it.
If they do nothing(which is often the case) it has to taken off your credit report.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post

Its not money down the drain right now; think about what is entailed in owning a home: If the roof leaks, floors fall through, the electricity gets screwed up, you are responsible for it, THAT is money down the drain. If you are renting, someone else is responsible for that and you can focus on more important things :)
This is so true, we own an old house, my husband got a great deal before we met a few years ago. But, its honestly not worth it right now. There is so much work that needs to go into this place, that we just can't afford it. And its a horrible time to try to sale. Where we are living, people are getting laid off and putting a hell of a lot of houses up. I'm afraid this place is going to be a ghost town soon....:rolleyes:

Definitely rent. I agree with the others that have said this is a blessing in disguise. Good luck. :)