Old 11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

The Gay Thread

well, since the recent coming out party - there has been a common subject running through most of the threads ... so why not beat that dead horse right here.

seems like people have a ton of thoughts that are popping out here and there ... we might as well get them all in one place ... lets see what the general consensus is.

Personally - when i was born - my mother had a gay best friend (this is the 50's) and he was my godfather.
All i knew from seeing him was that he was a nice guy. Met one of his partners once and he ga=ve me stamps from his home country (jugoslavia) which i thought was pretty cool.

So it wasnt a matter of tolerance - there was simply no question of it being something we had to 'tolerate' - it just was.

pretty much lived my life that way and we're raising my son that way as well.
My wife is of the same mind as myself.

I've met a lot of gay men through my life - most were as i mentioned in a previous post - very articulate, cultured, intelligent men. None were the flaming effeminate queens portrayed in films ... they were just guys with a great sense of style, well groomed, polite, etc.

I know it's crazy to assume all gay men are like this - it's practically another stereotype - but this has been my personal experience.

I have known of the flaming queen types and i dont care for them... anymore than i care for any show of phoniness or overt cliched sexuality. (that goes for ginos, bimbos, or anything else in that vein)
People using gayness as a way to make themselves more interesting isnt cool with most other gays anymore than it is with anyone with a brain.
(no this isnt a shot at you Posher - i know you're just enjoying the release - i expect it will become a non issue for even you before long)

I dont like homophobes. they are in the same class as sexist assholes and racists.... people with hateful opinions based on 100% pure unadulterated ignorance. people content to live in unenlightened dark ages - who are terrified by anything they dont understand.

most homophobic males are usually overcompensating for their own shakey sexuality. for some its a religious thing. either way - i think it's childish and dangerous. who you love is who you love. it shouldnt be gender specific if you intellectualize it. our genetic predisposition to breeding - the continuation of our species is the first primal decree most of us follow ... but other factors - nature or nurture - or both - can take over after that.

anyway - more rambling ...

anyone else want a say ?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Evil Puppy

Well said Urge, although I do feel people have a right to be racist, hateful, homophobic, and sexist. I don't have to agree, like, or listen to those people but they can feel however they like.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Banned

Well i already wrote this but i'll write it again. I'm bisexaul i chose to get married to my wife because we had a child and she was my best friend (still is) my brothers gay hes getting married pretty soon to his boyfriend marc. I grew up around gay people my mother had alot of friends and i was exposed to it for along time.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Well said Urge, although I do feel people have a right to be racist, hateful, homophobic, and sexist. I don't have to agree, like, or listen to those people but they can feel however they like.

yeah - its true - they can - i just get sick of tired of hearing it.

one thing a lot of people never take into consideration - is that just because you're a straight, white male, it doesnt mean i want to hear sexist, homophobic, racist garbage ... but i do - directly - all the time because some dick head assumes i'll be cool with it.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:17 PM
No, fuck YOU

1 thing.

I like gay people, as long as they're not making a pass on me.

You can call that homophobic, i don't care.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
The thing that annoys me is that racists, sexists and homophobics choose to be those things. A persons Race, sex or Sexuality isn't their choice. I think discriminating someone for something they can't change is despicable, though as Despare said, they have a right to their opinions. I think I'd rather they didn't voice them though. Because the second something leaves the persons mouth, they can't take it back and it effects those who heard it.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
1 thing.

People always say that and guess what... it NEVER happens. I'd be taken aback by it too but I don't expect to ever happen within my lifetime.

Oh, and Ferret, what about skyblue? He's bi so his sexuality is a choice, he's just attracted to people right?
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
1 thing.

it might help you have some understanding to some extent if you've ever made an unwanted pass at a female.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
The thing that annoys me is that racists, sexists and homophobics choose to be those things. A persons Race, sex or Sexuality isn't their choice. I think discriminating someone for something they can't change is despicable, though as Despare said, they have a right to their opinions. I think I'd rather they didn't voice them though. Because the second something leaves the persons mouth, they can't take it back and it effects those who heard it.
Wow i totally agree for real!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:20 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
it might help you have some understanding to some extent if you've ever made an unwanted pass at a female.
Never a gay female no.

Tags
quit obsessing