Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 AM
HDC Idol

Alan Wake

Looks pretty good... Reminds me of the Condemned games a bit with a little Silent Hill mixed in... Has anyone played it yet?

Quote:
Bringing a new style of storytelling to Xbox 360, Alan Wake is a psychological action thriller from Remedy, the renowned original developers of the successful Max Payne series. In this dynamic new title exclusively for Xbox 360, players assume the role of Alan Wake, a best-selling suspense author suffering from writer's block, who escapes to a small town only to experience the mysterious disappearance of his wife.

Set in the deceptively idyllic town of Bright Falls, Washington, Alan Wake immerses players in an intense and expansive cinematic world that enables players to explore the hyper-realistic and interactive environments. Alan Wake is mission-based with a deeply engaging and suspenseful storyline unveiling new twists and profound character revelations at every turn. Unravel the riveting plot through multilayered character interactions, unique problem-solving, and intense combat against terrifying enemies. In this nightmarish world, where fantasy and reality collide, Alan Wake must use a variety of weapons to survive, including his most powerful ally against the darkness - light itself.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/a/alanwake/

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Midnight toker

Not played it yet, I heard its a real slow burner early on though and although its fun when it gets going there isn't many hours gameplay. Sounds & looks cool though. :cool:
Old 05-20-2010, 05:43 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
Not played it yet, I heard its a real slow burner early on though and although its fun when it gets going there isn't many hours gameplay. Sounds & looks cool though. :cool:
Hmmm... Mayhaps I'll wait and get it used really cheap, then... Just got excited to see another horror first person shooter. The Condemned games weren't perfect, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing through them. Same goes for The Darkness.

This guy I work with said that apparently Alan Wake was in production for years and was dragged out because of "numerous issues." He didn't cite his sources, though, so I'm not sure how true that claim is...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Hmmm... Mayhaps I'll wait and get it used really cheap, then...
That's what I'm thinking, to be honest. Pretty much any survival horror I am eager to check out, but I have heard of people playing through it well inside 10 hours. As much as I'd like to get my hands on it, I don't fancy paying full price for what could turn into 10 hours gameplay tops.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:53 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Hmmm... Mayhaps I'll wait and get it used really cheap, then... Just got excited to see another horror first person shooter. The Condemned games weren't perfect, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing through them. Same goes for The Darkness.

This guy I work with said that apparently Alan Wake was in production for years and was dragged out because of "numerous issues." He didn't cite his sources, though, so I'm not sure how true that claim is...
It was 5 years in the making.So I'm thinking it has to be pretty good if they put that much time into it.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Inquisitor Generalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
It was 5 years in the making.So I'm thinking it has to be pretty good if they put that much time into it.
5 years is pretty common when developing a game, and thats not a standard for quality.
Duke nukem forever has been in production for over 13 years!!!

And StarCraft II: wings of liberty (started production in 2003) will be released July 27.
Both titles above + alan wake im gonna buy, but as you do it, buy them used or on sale

"The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it."
Old 05-23-2010, 08:05 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Seriously considering buying it so if anyone has bought/played enough of it to safely say it is worth the money and (what seems to be not enough of) time please let me know. I really hope this one is good. Hasn't been many good slow burning horror based games lately.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:00 AM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Been playing this game the last few days and while it's a great game I get the feeling it's gonna be very short.But the graphics are amazing.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Undead

I have the game, my brother bought it for my birthday, it is rather long, and very fun, this is a game that you want to get, I have almost all the achievements, rather easy to get, they just take time.