Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 AM
For Vendetta

Resident Evil 4 & 5

While Sony Screen Gems is prepping for Resident Evil 4: Afterlife, the 3D sequel slated to arrive in theaters August 27, 2010, Bloody Disgusting has learned exclusively that the studio is already looking forward to the fifth film.

While Milla Jovovich is confirmed for Afterlife, it's got to be getting expensive and (increasingly) difficult to keep her onboard, even though she is married to producer Paul W.S. Anderson.

Instead of moving forward with the ongoing story, the studio is planning a quasi-reboot, which is tentatively titled Resident Evil Begins. While it's a long, long, long way off, the idea is to redo the story of a special military unit who fights a powerful, out-of-control supercomputer and hundreds of scientists who have mutated into flesh-eating creatures after a laboratory accident.

So...a reboot only 8-9 years after the franchise began? Have they really lost it?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
They never had it...

I'd rather a see a movie based on Resident Evil 4. With a better ending, because if I recall it ended with "I have to ride a jet ski because the island will blow up!"
Old 09-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Fresh Killer

Send a message via MSN to Lowrie Productions
Quote:
Originally Posted by massacre man View Post

I'd rather a see a movie based on Resident Evil 4. With a better ending, because if I recall it ended with "I have to ride a jet ski because the island will blow up!"
yeah that would be awesome, i often wondered why they never made a feature on Leon and Claire (and i dont mean that CG film they did lol)

as a fan of the game i was deeply disappointed in Resident Evil the movie when it came out, i hardly look at it anymore as a zombie film (if that makes sense :confused: lol). In saying that i am looking forward to where they will go with the fourth installment, heard that it is supposed to be set in Japan.

Dan
Old 09-22-2009, 04:22 AM
evil little boo

Send a message via Yahoo to marianne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrie Productions View Post
yeah that would be awesome, i often wondered why they never made a feature on Leon and Claire (and i dont mean that CG film they did lol)

as a fan of the game i was deeply disappointed in Resident Evil the movie when it came out, i hardly look at it anymore as a zombie film (if that makes sense :confused: lol). In saying that i am looking forward to where they will go with the fourth installment, heard that it is supposed to be set in Japan.

Dan
in my opinion i didnt think that the fourth resident evil was any good to the other resident evil films. it was ok but not as good as the other films and alice is an awsome charictor in resident evil. maz
Old 09-22-2009, 11:46 AM
For Vendetta

Prison Break star Wentworth Miller has landed a role in Resident Evil: Afterlife, according to blackfilm.com.

Boris Kodjoe, another actor who's joined the cast, revealed the news in an interview with the site. He also said that Ali Larter - who played Claire Redfield in Resident Evil: Extinction - would be back as well.

Kodjoe also let slip some plot details, saying: "I play the leader of the survivors in LA. Milla Jovovich's character, Alice, is roaming the world looking for survivors and she's wound up in LA, which has been burning for three years.

He went on: "She comes across an LA jail surrounded by [zombies]... and there's a couple of survivors and she lands on top of the roof and partners up with me to fight the guys that are coming after them. We're trying to get all of the survivors out of the jail to safety."

The actor doesn't say who Wentworth Miller might play, but one possibility is police officer Leon Kennedy, who fans of the franchise will know hasn't appeared in any of RE movies yet.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:23 AM
-zombie-

RE4 is going to be in 3D? Interesting, I'd definitely go to the theater for that one. Only saw the first film of the series in the theater.

As for rebooting the series so soon after the original, that's a bit bizarre. Endless sequels for movie series are one thing but rebooting a series that's not even old yet boggles the mind. Hollywood simply can't come up with anything new.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Waste Disposer

I loved all the films, will watch whatever they slap a Resident Evil name on.
I love the games, will play whatever they slap a name on.:)

just patiently waiting for the freaky tv series that has no connection whatsoever to the films and games to come along;)
Old 09-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
just patiently waiting for the freaky tv series that has no connection whatsoever to the films and games to come along;)

Dont forget the cartoon series

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 09-23-2009, 06:56 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Leon Kennedy, who fans of the franchise will know hasn't appeared in any of RE movies yet.
Depends if you count "degeneration", he was in that and IMO exceeded most of the RE "live" films.

That said, if something like a reboot/prequel were to happen, Resident Evil 0 on the gamecube (and only, right?) had a pretty interesting storyline, tying in elements of that would be cool.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
Dont forget the cartoon series
oooo:eek:
*drool*