Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Bleed the Freak

Send a message via AIM to LilMissScareAll Send a message via Yahoo to LilMissScareAll
Editing programs?!

Where can I get an editing program to make my own independent horror film?! :confused: That's really the only thing I need...I have a video camera(not a really professional one but it should do...and if not, I could get a better one if I absolutely had to), I could find people to be in it, and I'm working on the script...just gotta finish it. I just need the editing program. :o
Old 05-23-2004, 06:46 PM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
Look into getting Adobe Premiere, it's kind of expensive, it normal runs around $500, but you should be able to get an 'Educational Version, at a local college bookstore for around $100-150.

it's a good program, easy to learn, you can put in special fx, you will even be able to see, how your soundtracks line up with your video.
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 05-23-2004, 06:48 PM
zipperface

you may even be able to 'pirate' a version of Premiere off the internet, maybe by using Kazaa, you'll just need to have a registration # in order to install it, the # you should be able to find on computer hack or crack sites.
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 05-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Post-Moderation

Hey mrs.scare, if you ever need someone to help with music, ive been writing horror movie soundtracks for a while now and am always looking for new projects, id love to work with you if you are really serious about making a movie...
Old 05-23-2004, 06:58 PM
zipperface

Hey Arioch,

check out the first draft for my vampire short I've written, if you like it and if you want, you'd be more than welcome to do the music for it. do you have any of your stuff online, so I can listen to some samples?

Day I Became A Vampire
Old 05-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Post-Moderation

Ill make sure and check it out HC, how far along are you guys?
Ya id be interested in working with you guys, i got some stuff online but i'll have to put it back up on the server, but i should be able to get it up by the end of the night, ill keep you informed....
Old 05-23-2004, 07:05 PM
zipperface

I've only got the first draft of the screenplay done. But I've started working on storyboards for it. I'm going to direct it myself, I plan on filming it using a Super8
Old 05-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Bleed the Freak

Send a message via AIM to LilMissScareAll Send a message via Yahoo to LilMissScareAll
Quote:
Originally posted by HappyCamper
you may even be able to 'pirate' a version of Premiere off the internet, maybe by using Kazaa, you'll just need to have a registration # in order to install it, the # you should be able to find on computer hack or crack sites.

Thanks for the reply :) I don't have Kazaa though...it completely screwed up my computer. :( Times like these make me miss my ex boyfriend...he could pirate anything...absolutely anything. Too bad we don't talk anymore. I guarantee he could get it somehow. :( He probably already has it, actually, since he's into horror and wants to make his own movie, also.
But since I no longer know anyone who can get all that stuff, I guess I'll have to look around for the $150 version.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Bleed the Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Hey mrs.scare, if you ever need someone to help with music, ive been writing horror movie soundtracks for a while now and am always looking for new projects, id love to work with you if you are really serious about making a movie...
Thanks...that would be great! :D I'm very serious about the movie...just need to find the editing program.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Scares Little Kids

hey u dont need kazza u neeed kazza lite ots at www.oldversion.com and if the link is bad just go to google and in the search box type old version, kazza lite and kazza litw has no virus crap or spyware