Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Horror Fan

Exclamation Crowd dances, cheers as man burns during Halloween carnival!

Quote:
Festival-goers can be seen on a video dancing to electronic music and cheering as a man becomes engulfed in flames during West Hollywood's annual Halloween carnival.

Gilbert Estrada, 51, later died. The video posted on YouTube shows him lying unresponsive after the fire was extinguished.

Detectives say it appears Estrada may have accidentally started the fire while trying to light a cigarette.

As Estrada flails, some bystanders can be heard cheering. Others help put out the flames. One bystander recorded the scene with a cellphone camera and posted it on the video website.

Festival-goer Derek Easley said Estrada came out of nowhere, fully engulfed in flames ”like a torch.”

Estrada, whose family told police that he attended the festival every year, was dressed as a sniper in camouflage, Biddle said. The costume apparently was made of burlap sacks and straw.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#axzz2jmdl8oj3

Old 02-05-2014, 03:36 PM
From The Beyond

Reminds me of the scene in Ghoulies 2 where the crowd watches and cheers on as the Ghoulies torture people. Very prescient and ahead of its time!

Last edited by Fearonsarms; 02-05-2014 at 03:37 PM. Reason: missed word out