Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Evil Puppy

Pretty horrific UFC fight...

I hate to see Silva's career end like this.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Horror Fan

Couldn't have happened to a more humble guy...

Old 12-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
Couldn't have happened to a more humble guy...
Despite his being a jackass he's still a great fighter. I haven't really been a fan of his and have actively rooted against him since 08' but his career didn't deserve to end the way it did. I know, other people have come back from an injury like that but he's 38, I think he was on his way out anyway.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:29 AM
That fucking Guy...

Did he take a shot to the dick?
Old 12-29-2013, 04:11 AM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
I do hate to see him go out like that but at the same time I am glad he's out. Such a cocky bastard. Maybe if he wasn't such a tool he would have never lost the title in the first place.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:02 PM
ventricle

Ouch, he snapped his ankle bone completely on his opponent's upper shine bone.

Silva was probably the best fighter in the world (pound for pound, as they say) for quite a number of years.

I'm noy an expert on him, but in the earlier years, I don't remember him every hotdogging. I just remember like 4 years ago when he started hotdogging. Not sure why he started.

The last fight he obviously lost due to his hotdogging. I think most people want to see the hotdogger get clocked while they're doing it. Was Silve hotdogging again this match?

Old 12-30-2013, 06:55 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Was Silve hotdogging again this match?
Nope, mostly getting punched in the face. He looked out of it, he even squated down (in prayer?) for like a minute and a half before walking out. Even Rogan mentioned how bizarre it was.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

It was a freak accident - checking a legkick with a knee like that has happened before but it is so rare but I think at the end of the day Weidman would have won and Silva would have retired.

UFC don't really have any posterchild's anymore since GSP is gone and now The Spider. I think Jones is their last superstar and even he could be one match away from a loss. Well of course there is still Conor McGregor. War SBG.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:26 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
It was a freak accident - checking a legkick with a knee like that has happened before but it is so rare but I think at the end of the day Weidman would have won and Silva would have retired.

UFC don't really have any posterchild's anymore since GSP is gone and now The Spider. I think Jones is their last superstar and even he could be one match away from a loss. Well of course there is still Conor McGregor. War SBG.
Yea, I've never seen a shine bone break from the same guys kick before. I've seen one break from a hold. Obviously Silva kicks with a lot of force. Unless his bone was already weakened by worms, or bonemites.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:10 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Corey Hill broke his leg in an almost identical way, also in the UFC. I remember another one from years back that was worse (thats possible) as the guy put down the leg and tried to stand on it after it broke. It folded like an empty wellington boot. I think this was in Muai Thai though not MMA. The same thing happened in Cage Warriors too.